Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

15-10-2012, 14:43   #16
Mr Trade In

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
Good man. Let the scammers win.
Well as the old saying goes, there is more of them than us. Every day someone gets scammed don't they. I have 5 bad marks on my feedback all from idiots that wouldn't meet or were rude. I have rarely had any issues on adverts and am only a member here because some assholes were slagging me off back in 2007 on boards.

The issue really is if it has happened once that is once too many times, I got screwed over because I let it happen, I just hope no one else does.
Advertisement
15-10-2012, 15:43   #17
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative

I have contacted him now as well asking him to reply to you and arrange that refund.
(2) thanks from:
15-10-2012, 15:55   #18
Mr Trade In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverts.ie: Eddie View Post
I have contacted him now as well asking him to reply to you and arrange that refund.
He is offering me a partial refund only or I have to wait until Friday,I am now stuck with a hacked Wii and several copied games in original boxes, disgusted I fell for something so fcuking stupid, I have asked for the original discs rather than a refund which he stated he had last night on the ad thread, I really wish that the ad was still open as at least I would then have some concrete proof to go on.

He stated last night that the ad the games were copies yet some people asked for the games to be split, it is people like this that put me off remaining a member here, thanks for contacting him but I think it may prove pointless.

Last edited by Mr Trade In; 15-10-2012 at 15:58.
15-10-2012, 16:02   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trade In View Post
He is offering me a partial refund only or I have to wait until Friday,I am now stuck with a hacked Wii and several copied games in original boxes, disgusted I fell for something so fcuking stupid, I have asked for the original discs rather than a refund which he stated he had last night on the ad thread, I really wish that the ad was still open as at least I would then have some concrete proof to go on.

He stated last night that the ad the games were copies yet some people asked for the games to be split, it is people like this that put me off remaining a member here, thanks for contacting him but I think it may prove pointless.
The advert including any editing or changes will still be available to adverts staff and for forwarding on to the Gardai if required but is not available to view on adverts.ie.
15-10-2012, 16:11   #20
Mr Trade In

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy_lad View Post
The advert including any editing or changes will still be available to adverts staff and for forwarding on to the Gardai if required but is not available to view on adverts.ie.
Thanks for explaining that,he said he is in work now and will meet after 7pm. I am at a loss on what to do next.
Advertisement
15-10-2012, 17:21   #21
Verified representative

As foggy said, we have all descriptions saved here no matter how many times it was edited.

Quote:
Thanks for explaining that,he said he is in work now and will meet after 7pm. I am at a loss on what to do next.
Give him the chance to see if he upholds that arrangement.
Thanks from:
15-10-2012, 20:17   #22

Any update on that OP ?
15-10-2012, 21:06   #23
Mr Trade In

I agreed to meet him at FAS in Finglas 1 hour ago,he didn't show, I phoned him twice he said he was on the way, from 8:35 until 8:50 he wouldn't answer my calls. At 8:55 he said he will drop the money to my house tonight, I said he has 10 ****ING Minutes to do so,that time has now passed, what do I need to give to the Gardai on this, I have the WII all the pirate games, his user name, two mobile numbers and the now removed but still accessible ad number.
15-10-2012, 22:21   #24
Mr Trade In

He has just come to my house and given me a full refund, my sincerest apologies to all the mods that helped with this,also thank you. I hope to be more sensible in my future purchases.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-10-2012, 23:03   #25
Spocker
Buying the internet, one box at a time

Thats a good result, thanks for letting us know
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2012, 15:30   #26
max payne

Quote:
He has just come to my house and given me a full refund, my sincerest apologies to all the mods that helped with this,also thank you. I hope to be more sensible in my future purchases.
Seems to me, he was genuine after all!!, a slight bit of impatience on your behalf me thinks?
16-10-2012, 16:23   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max payne View Post
Seems to me, he was genuine after all!!, a slight bit of impatience on your behalf me thinks?
There is nothing genuine about selling counterfeit goods whether it's thousands of pairs of Nike runners to line the pockets of dissident republicans or copied music CDs or DVDs to line your own pockets. Remember the games were described as new and sealed and the wii console was modified to play pirated games.
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2012, 16:33   #28
Verified representative

I think we're done here.
Thanks from:
Forum Closed