Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

s8n wrote: »
    just confirmed order on mine, Invoice number 212.

One question, it quoted the price of c. Euro 40K on the configurator but the invoice states 50K, I am assuming this is the price before grants are applied ?
    That 40 included possible savings on petrol.

The price is c 50k

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Perhaps some good information for those that are considering buying a model 3 with regards to repair work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnJPknzMYQ&list=WL&index=7 (skip to towards the end for the damage)
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnJPknzMYQ&list=WL&index=7

The price of the repair is one thing but the length of time is what is putting me off...

Sorry if posted already but only just came accross it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,726 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tesla do give you a Tesla loaner though when your Tesla is in for repair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I happened to be in Dublin yesterday so I called in to Tesla in Sandyford for a nose around and to kick some tyres. It was my first time sitting into any Tesla, not just the Model 3.

They had a white Model S on display - very nice, white pearlescent paint - much nicer than the "van white" on most regular cars. It's a big car too, lovely and roomy!

There was also a red Model 3, US-spec going by the placement of the steering wheel (obviously), and the proprietary Tesla charge port - I think for Europe it's just a regular CCS port, right?

My impression of it was that it was much prettier than I expected. It's got that small, sporty saloon feel that a 3-Series has. It felt quite tight, maybe because of the thick A-pillar, but I'd say once you're outside, on the move, and with the seat lowered a bit (more to my liking), it would be adequately spacious. The frameless windows add to the sporty feel, and the strange door handles and very stripped-down simple interior give it a very distinctive feel. You couldn't mistake it for anything else from the inside.

The only negative thing I felt was the sound of the door closing was a bit tinny. I know this doesn't translate directly to safety and solidity (indeed it's one of the best in class), but I think buyers at this level would be expecting that sort of Audi "clunk".

Still though, if I had the funds, I'd go straight for the Model 3, or at least I would go straight for a test drive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

unkel wrote: »
    Tesla do give you a Tesla loaner though when your Tesla is in for repair?

Yes - but you must prebook. It used to be by default you'd get one but I imagine they have a tiny pool to choose from right now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

fricatus wrote: »

There was also a red Model 3, US-spec going by the placement of the steering wheel (obviously), and the proprietary Tesla charge port - I think for Europe it's just a regular CCS port, right?

Yes, CCS on all the European Model 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I know the model 3 comes with the mobile connected and a type 2 cable. I was trying to see what length the type 2 cable is, but couldn’t find the information online.

Anyone have any idea?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

fricatus wrote: »
    I happened to be in Dublin yesterday so I called in to Tesla in Sandyford for a nose around and to kick some tyres. It was my first time sitting into any Tesla, not just the Model 3.

They had a white Model S on display - very nice, white pearlescent paint - much nicer than the "van white" on most regular cars. It's a big car too, lovely and roomy!

My impression of it was that it was much prettier than I expected. It's got that small, sporty saloon feel that a 3-Series has. It felt quite tight, maybe because of the thick A-pillar, but I'd say once you're outside, on the move, and with the seat lowered a bit (more to my liking), it would be adequately spacious. The frameless windows add to the sporty feel, and the strange door handles and very stripped-down simple interior give it a very distinctive feel. You couldn't mistake it for anything else from the inside.

The only negative thing I felt was the sound of the door closing was a bit tinny. I know this doesn't translate directly to safety and solidity (indeed it's one of the best in class), but I think buyers at this level would be expecting that sort of Audi "clunk".

Still though, if I had the funds, I'd go straight for the Model 3, or at least I would go straight for a test drive! :D

There’s a lad in maybe Texas comparing the height of m3p and the super looking m3! Suggested higher and easier to get out of the m3p. Think he was ditching the m3. It does seem like a climb up out the model 3 like out of a 1990 Supra!

FUI Cancelled duplicated order on 3/6/19 after ringing Netherlands. Very nice people on the phone. The duplicated order disappeared finally off the account page yesterday. 2 wks 2days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

UK price cut before delivery on performance model.

The £47,900 Long Range AWD model has been axed and the price of the range-topping Tesla Model 3 Performance has been cut from £56,900 to £48,590, effectively replacing it. It leaves British Tesla buyers with a straightforward choice between the £38,050 Standard Range Plus model and the M3-chasing Performance.

Dealers will refund the difference, a spokeswoman confirmed to CAR magazine, so nobody should pay the original higher price. Sounds complicated, but here we focus on our Tesla Model 3 review. Is it any good? Is the hype justified? Read on for our first drive in the UK.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/tesla/tesla-model-3-2018-review/

Bigus wrote: »

The £47,900 Long Range AWD model has been axed and the price of the range-topping Tesla Model 3 Performance has been cut from £56,900 to £48,590, effectively replacing it. It leaves British Tesla buyers with a straightforward choice between the £38,050 Standard Range Plus model and the M3-chasing Performance.

Dealers will refund the difference, a spokeswoman confirmed to CAR magazine, so nobody should pay the original higher price. Sounds complicated, but here we focus on our Tesla Model 3 review. Is it any good? Is the hype justified? Read on for our first drive in the UK.

0-60 speed as quick as a Ferrari but nobody thinks they will get insurance. Build quality questionable but so is a Ferrari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Aligning with the specs and prices quoted here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Where's the Long Range RWD Model!!!

slave1 wrote: »
    Where's the Long Range RWD Model!!!

This was never an option in UK or IRL? - it was going to be my first choice too :mad:

Not available in RHD at all, never was

• Advertisement

I know this, just hoping it will become and option in the future, save a good few grand compared to the performance price

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Didn’t that happen 3 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1141409584457768960

Tesla are changing the black paint option to a $1,000 option and replacing it with a non-metallic white. Unless it's going to be a metallic black, I fail to see why they can't leave it free. That being said, I'd prefer white to black anyway.

SaintsYB wrote: »

Tesla are changing the black paint option to a $1,000 option and replacing it with a non-metallic white. Unless it's going to be a metallic black, I fail to see why they can't leave it free. That being said, I'd prefer white to black anyway.

I would have thought our black cost is locked into deposit cost.
    Would never get white doesn’t matter how many coats it has, repeat no matter how many coats it has.

I assume existing ordered black cars are not affected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

SaintsYB wrote: »

AKA domestic appliance white. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm in no position to buy a model 3 (just dreams) but their erratic behaviour in chopping and changing is really kind of ****ty. I know many other car manufacturers do this sort of stuff but if they're innovated in their cars they can be innovative in how they sell them, actually maybe I'm still dreaming.

I'm in no position to buy a model 3 (just dreams) but their erratic behaviour in chopping and changing is really kind of ****ty. I know many other car manufacturers do this sort of stuff but if they're innovated in their cars they can be innovative in how they sell them, actually maybe I'm still dreaming.

Are they the Ryanair of car manufacturers. Changing the way we buy. I better buy soon b4 price goes up. Maybe if I order at 2am Wednesday morning I’ll get free allows.
    It’s to Ireland’s benefit - as Tesla prices kinda run in line with other countries. Look at the price difference with the Hyundai elec between here and uk.

AKA domestic appliance white. :D
    Exactly
    I guess too many people were OK with the black so they wanted the non cost option not to be so palatable

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

smokybacon wrote: »
    Are they the Ryanair of car manufacturers. Changing the way we buy. I better buy soon b4 price goes up. Maybe if I order at 2am Wednesday morning I’ll get free allows.
    It’s to Ireland’s benefit - as Tesla prices kinda run in line with other countries. Look at the price difference with the Hyundai elec between here and uk.

Ryanair??? Seriously :rolleyes:

The first Model 3s in the UK have been delivered this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smokybacon wrote: »

wouldn't say Ryanair but would give me a little bit of aphrensive-ness when buying.

Not sure it's to Ireland's benefit, afaik the price doesn't change it's just now black is a $1000 option. The car didn't get any cheaper and you've got a Beko washing machine white colour instead of a nicer black

hatrack wrote: »

Sweet, nice car. What are our predictions for the first IRL deliveries?
    I'm going with early September.

Lucky barstewards
    #notjealousatall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

jusmeig wrote: »
    Sweet, nice car. What are our predictions for the first IRL deliveries?
    I'm going with early September.

I think they promised June for those deliveries that are going now, so maybe they are not bad at predicting delivery month.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭backlashs

September1 wrote: »
    I think they promised June for those deliveries that are going now, so maybe they are not bad at predicting delivery month.

I think if a ship with some Irish Model 3s leaves the US before the end of next week,

We should see first deliveries at the end of July

With the limited options available I could imagine product sales from inventory, that's what happened in Norway, ordered on a Monday (not from inventory) and delivered on the same Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Now that the first car has arrived in the UK, does anyone have an estimated delivery date for a Model 3 ordered in Ireland?

catharsis wrote: »
    Now that the first car has arrived in the UK, does anyone have an estimated delivery date for a Model 3 ordered in Ireland?

Website still says July but that looks unlikely now. Would suspect most orders will be filled by first half of August. That includes an order from a non reservation holder placed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

catharsis wrote: »

Literally no one (outside of Tesla logistics in the US) knows.

I'm still hoping they pull a stunt to get the first 50 handed over on/before the 31 July since I might make the cut. (Like they did in UK this morning:
    https://twitter.com/turnerkid/status/1141732973055762432

The GRAND MARK arrived in Zeebrugge at 2am this morning so there's a small chance some of our cars are on that, otherwise it's whatever car carrier planned to arrive mid July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Bjorn Neyland managed to do 1000 km in just over 10 hours.

He put a video up about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Old diesel wrote: »
    Bjorn Neyland managed to do 1000 km in just over 10 hours.

He put a video up about it

No chance of that in Ireland given we only have 3 super chargers. I am lucky that my two routes outside of Cork are Cork > Dublin & Cork > Belfast which are both served by superchargers. According to "abetterroute" I could do the 794kms return from my house in 9 hrs 8 min. Given I have a heavy right foot I could take a bit of time off that but no chance of 1000kms in the time that Bjorn did it.

krissovo wrote: »
    No chance of that in Ireland given we only have 3 super chargers. I am lucky that my two routes outside of Cork are Cork > Dublin & Cork > Belfast which are both served by superchargers. According to "abetterroute" I could do the 794kms return from my house in 9 hrs 8 min. Given I have a heavy right foot I could take a bit of time off that but no chance of 1000kms in the time that Bjorn did it.
    Considering all his route was on a supercharger corridor, if you did dublin to belfast to cork and back you could!
    Although maybe not as the first part of his video was on the autobahn at 150km/h

• Advertisement

Naas - Cork - Naas loop with the occasional stop at Ballacolla supercharger. I'd say you could do 1000km in 10 hours in LR Model 3 if you were a little bit flexible about the speed limit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Someone earlier mentioned an invoice number around 170 - so is that the number of Model 3's on their way to Ireland, or does it necessarily work like that? They could be other Tesla models, or Ireland could be bundled in with the UK and/or Northern Ireland.

I'm also wondering how many Teslas there are in the country, and how much of a boost to numbers the upcoming Model 3 delivery will represent. I had no luck with the CSO website, but the SIMI stats don't mention Tesla for 2016 or earlier, and then there were 49 for 2017, 120 for last year, and 36 so far this year.

That seems to indicate that there are about 200 Teslas on the roads here. It looks like the Model 3 will double that number if those invoice numbers do indeed reflect pending deliveries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I am 206 :-)

Edit - I am actually 214, 206 was my order number. It took a while to find the invoice link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I am not a number, I am a free man. But the number of my beast is 33 (cue Iron Maiden music)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I am number 225! I just finally put my order in!!!

Will it be the best selling EV for 2019?

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Considering all his route was on a supercharger corridor, if you did dublin to belfast to cork and back you could!
    Although maybe not as the first part of his video was on the autobahn at 150km/h

I can go from Derry to Belfast to Dundalk to Dublin to Wexford to Cork to limerick to Galway to Sligo and back to Derry in a diesel. Sometimes it rains. Sometimes the sun shines. Car doesn’t overheat. Mind you it’s an ice machine with a few stops at BK on the way. Think it was 1870klms.

Great talking about a drive in a EV but surely what would be amazing is say squeezing 500km with going to no supercharger.

Thanks for the few klm I got from 2 referrals. Think it saves €20 ish?

Planning the home charger. Has anyone bought charger before approval then had installed it after approval? Think someone mentioned that here.

Optimal speed to win a long distance race taking into account time won by driving fast and time lost by having to charge:

Nissan Leaf - 88km/h
    Tesla Model 3 - 190km/h :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

unkel wrote: »
    Optimal speed to win a long distance race taking into account time won by driving fast and time lost by having to charge:

Nissan Leaf - 88km/h
    Tesla Model 3 - 190km/h :D

Haha saw that earlier, jazuz I'd be scared of my life in a car going that speed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

I had understood I was customer order number 3, but now note it is 18.
    There are two possible explanations the most likely is that I misread the number or was looking at the incorrect document;

The other is that the number is dynamic and I was “bumped” by reservation holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Interesting to note that the WLTP quoted range for the SR+ has decreased slightly to 409km.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement