Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another major fire outbreak in flats in London.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Looking like everyone got out.

I wonder what the fire investigation will uncover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Jesus it looks like it went up like a tinderbox and the article says that it's a new build?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wooden balconies apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,979 ✭✭✭Odhinn

On the Beeb now. Thankfully no one dead.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-48574044

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

kneemos wrote: »
    Wooden balconies apparently.

How could that be allowed in a new build??

It just seems nuts that this type of thing is not next to impossible in a new build of apartments.

I work in a place that was built in 2012 and it has the ability for a fire to be locked into one area for up to three hours.

I don't get why blocks of flats don't have the same given that there are so many more lives involved??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Irish regulation demands each separate apartment should ba able to contain fire for a minimum of 60 minutes. In reality, both apartments and semi-d/terraced houses do not comply.

Flammable balconies? Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pinkyeye wrote: »
    How could that be allowed in a new build??

It just seems nuts that this type of thing is not next to impossible in a new build of apartments.

I work in a place that was built in 2012 and it has the ability for a fire to be locked into one area for up to three hours.

I don't get why blocks of flats don't have the same given that there are so many more lives involved??

How did the building pass safety inspection?

At least no serious injuries or fatalities

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Deja Vu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That looked nasty. I am glad everyone who lived in those flats were not killed by the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Portrait mode video. **** .

• Advertisement
Advertisement