Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beef Plan protests end

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Gael23 wrote: »
    If we stopped breeding them with the one aim of eating them

Nothing wrong with farming, slaughtering and consuming animals. It’s as natural to humans as it is to lions. We’re omnivores, we eat a bit of everything and that has made us the creatures we are today.

I appreciate some don’t want to do it but you need to understand that a personal decision and there’s no need preaching to others because you made that decision. You do your thing and let others do wit they decide.

Remember it’s a fascist trait to want to make everyone believe and act as you do because you think it’s somehow better. That’s how Hitler started his campaign, and I see many extremist vegans behave the same online threatening harm and death on farmers and meat eaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Spare a thought for the hundreds if not thousands of murders that will occur on Monday mornin.
    (while tucking into your steak dinner this evening)

I'll be sure to have pepper sauce and onions with the steak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I actually don’t know how long it takes to go from a live and kicking cow into a burger

Probably a day when they have taken the good meat and then sweep the leftovers up and use that to make burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why didn't they protest outside mcdonalds and burger king ?? they call the shots when it comes to beef prices

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The equivalent of a horror movie for a vegan is a David Attenborough documentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

RobertKK wrote: »
    The equivalent of a horror movie for a vegan is a David Attenborough documentary.

In what way? We love critters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RobertKK wrote: »

Sir David has more or less given up meat over the past few years; not for ideological reasons but because he's just gone off the taste of it.

He also says he is not an animal lover but someone fascinated by them.

"Animal lover means sentiment; a cloying, anthropomorphising sentiment. I don't love earth worms or spiders. They're rivetingly interesting and they give me huge intellectual pleasure. And aesthetic pleasure, I suppose. But that's a different thing altogether."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

fryup wrote: »
    why didn't they protest outside mcdonalds and burger king ?? they call the shots when it comes to beef prices

They mostly only take old cull cows, that’s not really the business end of things. You’d see when large events like World Cup come along the price for old cull cows goes up to meet demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I actually don’t know how long it takes to go from a live and kicking cow into a burger

Anywhere from instantaneous to weeks, depending on the purchaser. 3 weeks is about optimum for my preference, once the animal is old enough.

I have a 21 month heifer waiting to be killed but the butcher can only hang for 2 weeks so it'll end up being rather bland. I should wait for a month for the space to open up but she's over fat as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Carrots are not are not warm blooded, breathing, ****ting creatures

Is that "sh1tting creatures" you meant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Suppose the massacre has already begun this morning
    You really shouldn't be getting yourself all worked up. Why don't you go and have a nice nut cutlet or a quorn burger for your tea? Me; I've got a nice piece of steak on a low light, accompanied by a couple of potatoes and bit of fried onion. Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Using the word 'murder' always ruins any sympathy in these matters. A. The killing is not of a human being and B. Is not illegal.

Do we murder carrots when we chop them? Are 12 million tons of sardines murdered every year? Using emotive language loses a huge chunk of your audience immediately

The usual tree hugging gob****es

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

I got to eat the victims of two '' murders'' today . Turkey and Ham , and its not even christmas

Advertisement