Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone who watched WWF wrestling as a kid (back when it was actually good) will remember Mean Gene Okerlund. He passed away today aged 76.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1080488900890628101

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1080536968499466240

Gutted to hear Bob Einstein aka 'Super Dave Osborne', who played Marty Funkhouser on Curb in recent years, has died aged 76. He'd been recently diagnosed with cancer.

Thought he was great on Curb too. Love the episode where Larry is baffled that Marty considers him his best friend. Very talented performer.

The brother of actor Albert Brooks

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

William Morgan Sheppard, passed away aged 86 on Sunday. RIP.

Father of Mark Sheppard.

Guest stared in everything from Babylon 5 to Doctor Who to Alias to Max Headroom.

Always favorite of mine to see on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Cripes I've seen zombie threads in my time but this one might just take the biscuit!

Edit:Rip Donall Farmer. It's kind of scary to think about how many of Glenroe's main cast are no longer with us. Dinny, Miley, Teasy, Stephen and now Fr Devereux.

I was watching Fr Ted recently and had the same thought. Apart from Dermot Morgan and Frank Kelly many of the original cast and some involved in creating the show are now deceased. Most recently, Rio Fanning who played Fr Frost passed away just last November. He had quite a career and was also in Dr Who and Eastenders among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Lovely boy Windsor Davies has died at the age of 88.

Star of It Ain't Half Hot Mum and Never the Twain.
    RIP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this but it had to go somewhere and he did TV work - comic Jeremy Hardy has died at just 57 from cancer. For those who don;t know him, he was very much a political (left wing) humourist but one that was actually amusing and talented so you didn't need to buy his beliefs to laugh.

He was a regular on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue on BBC radio and was legendary for his singing voice.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/01/comedian-jeremy-hardy-dies-of-cancer-aged-57

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this but it had to go somewhere and he did TV work - comic Jeremy Hardy has died at just 57 from cancer. For those who don;t know him, he was very much a political (left wing) humourist but one that was actually amusing and talented so you didn't need to buy his beliefs to laugh.

He was a regular on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue on BBC radio and was legendary for his singing voice.
    Thanks for posting this - I hadn't heard, and I'm saddened to read it.

I loved him on The News Quiz, and was thinking that I hadn't heard him on it in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Awww.. RIP Clive Swift....

Played Hyacinth Bucket's husband in 'Keeping up appearances"

"Richard !!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nerdlingr wrote: »

"Richard !!!"

No more candlelit suppers for him. He was still working up until a year or so ago. Not many actors work steadily for over 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

"Richard !!!"

Sad to hear that. Loved that show back in the day! He was perfect in that role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,887 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just heard Clive Swift in a BBC radio play playing Hitchcock to Patrick Stewarts Raymond Chandler. What a voice.
    And great that Keeping up Appearances brought him to popular attention.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

"Richard !!!"
    2019 claims a comedy great. I hope it’s not a sign of another 2016 coming.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Just heard Clive Swift in a BBC radio play playing Hitchcock to Patrick Stewarts Raymond Chandler. What a voice.
    And great that Keeping up Appearances brought him to popular attention.

I'm pretty sure I heard that when it first went out. Very good.

https://the.hitchcock.zone/wiki/Strangers_on_a_Film_(BBC_Radio_4,_29/Sep/2011)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

"Richard !!!"

Ah no, loved him in keeping up appearances.

Made the Richard character a perfect foil for the hyacinth character.

RIP

Kristoff St. John (The Young and the Restless) has died

• Registered Users Posts: 71,644 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

He read out a letter from me once! I'll be damned if I can remember what it was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Wasn’t it always a long running joke on e-mail bag that Arthur would never give away his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Carmen Argenziano -- who's perhaps best known from "Stargate SG-1" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

The Pennsylvania-born actor has starred in tons of TV shows and movies over the course of his 5-decade career, including "The Rockford Files," "Lou Grant," "Heartbeat," "Booker," "L.A. Law," "Melrose Place," "Sisters," "CSI: NY," "The Young and the Restless" and, of course, 'SG-1' ... where he played Jacob Carter from 1998 to 2005

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/10/stargate-sg1-actor-carmen-argenziano-dead-dies/

MV5BMTY0NDg3ODY1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA5NTgxMDE@._V1_.jpg

Marje wrote: »
    Carmen Argenziano -- who's perhaps best known from "Stargate SG-1" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

The Pennsylvania-born actor has starred in tons of TV shows and movies over the course of his 5-decade career, including "The Rockford Files," "Lou Grant," "Heartbeat," "Booker," "L.A. Law," "Melrose Place," "Sisters," "CSI: NY," "The Young and the Restless" and, of course, 'SG-1' ... where he played Jacob Carter from 1998 to 2005

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/10/stargate-sg1-actor-carmen-argenziano-dead-dies/

MV5BMTY0NDg3ODY1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA5NTgxMDE@._V1_.jpg

Ah no - he'll always be known as Jacob Carter/selmak. He played the character well until he was killed off in season 8.

RIP

• Advertisement

Katherine Helmond (Mona from Who's The Boss) has died

RIP

And loads more! Soap a parody sitcom which ran in the late 70s early 80s really made her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

And loads more! Soap a parody sitcom which ran in the late 70s early 80s really made her name.

And Everybody Loves Raymond as Deborah's Mum.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

God, she was old in who’s the boss. Must’ve been close to 100

And Everybody Loves Raymond as Deborah's Mum.

I remember her more from Who's The Boss :o
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    God, she was old in who’s the boss. Must’ve been close to 100

She was 89

https://tvline.com/2019/03/01/katherine-helmond-dies-soap-whos-the-boss-dead/

Luke Perry has died - RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Luke Perry v sad

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So sad RIP.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Very sad news.
    Such a young age.

Its a sad day for kids of the 90's with Keith from The Prodigy also passing today.

Beverly Hills was such a huge show back then.

RIP.

Advertisement