Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leona Maguire - LPGA Winner 2022/23

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Watched the full LPGA Official Round 1 highlights there now, just over 9 minutes, not one shot from Leona?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

slave1 wrote: »
    Watched the full LPGA Official Round 1 highlights there now, just over 9 minutes, not one shot from Leona?

Leader by 4 and she didnt make the highlights? :eek::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

slave1 wrote: »

I dont know if that's just down to the nbc/golf channel coverage, they only showed the later starters so more likely they'll show a lot of Leona tonight I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I dont know if that's just down to the nbc/golf channel coverage, they only showed the later starters so more likely they'll show a lot of Leona tonight I'd guess.

She got an amazing draw as well with Sei Young Kim and Lydia Ko in her 3 ball so lots of coverage tonight you'd imagine.

Speak Now wrote: »
    She got an amazing draw as well with Sei Young Kim and Lydia Ko in her 3 ball so lots of coverage tonight you'd imagine.

They dont have any coverage until after midnight i think but hopefully do show a fair bit of that group. I see the lead has now extended to 3 and she hasn't even teed up yet! Not all that many low scores around so shows how excellent that 65 was yesterday. Any score at all in the minus zone would be more than acceptable tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rough start, she bogeyed the first two to fall back to -5, currently second.

3 bogeys to start :(

Speak Now wrote:
    3 bogeys to start
    Finally a par on 4, playing a par five now, hopefully she gets a birdie here to settle things down.

Birdie on 7, good par on 8. Looks like she's settled down now, par 5 coming up now.
    It's on the golf channel if you have that channel.

Birdied the ninth, tied top now. She's really settled into the round after the horror start. -2 for her last six holes. Hopefully she can keep it up and open up a nice lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Golf Channel showing pretty much every shot if you have it. She made a nice bounce back birdie after a bogey to get back tied for the lead.

Really bad dropped shot from middle of fairway on 11, then rattles in birdie putt on 12 followed by poor drive on 13. Just struggling to get any kind of rhythm going, but hanging in ok.

tobsey wrote: »
    Golf Channel showing pretty much every shot if you have it. She made a nice bounce back birdie after a bogey to get back tied for the lead.

Followed by very good par putt on 13th.

Yeah, three pars, a bogey and a birdie in her last five holes.
    She's very shaky off the tee today, it's costing her. Short game has been excellent.
    She just hit a decent drive on the par five so here's hoping.
    Danielle Kang has joined her at -6 which is a concern. She's up on the green on the same par five and she just birdied to go to -7.

Had the exact same bunker shot Kang had and nearly holed it. Smashing shot.

How did that putt not drop? Absolutely robbed of birdie on 17. 4 down the last for a 72 would be a decent days work in the circumstances.

Parred the last to shoot a +1 round which wasn't bad after the start. One behind Danielle Kang now going into round 3.
    Needs to do some work to tighten up the game tonight.

I'd say she won't be too unhappy given the start she had. Two bad mistakes from middle of fairway on 11 & 16 were disappointing really but otherwise she was solid enough. Dermot Byrne definitely a positive addition on the bag.

Dreadful day for her, 41 shots for front 9 and outside the top 30 now.

Pathetic performance. No other way of dressing it up. After the matchplay meltdown and now this it doesn't auger well.

• Advertisement

Her approach on the 1st got stuck in a tree just short of the green. They couldn’t identify it and she ran out of time. Went back to hit 4 from the fairway and then the ball fell out of the tree and nearly hit a caddy while the players were putting. That cost her the double on the first. Not sure what happened on 9.

Super eagle on the last. Had a disappointing bogey on the back 9 but really steadied the ship. Hopefully she can go low tomorrow and she might have a chance. I didn’t see any of the 9th hole but the commentators said she made a few mistakes and ended up with a triple. Seems to have played well apart from that. The double on the first was very unlucky.

https://twitter.com/LPGA/status/1403892011023826944?s=19

Hopefully at least a top 10 tonight to continue her good season.

-2 for final round with 4 holes left, just the one dropped shot on the day. Kind of encouraging to see such a steady performance after the disasters that pockmarked her last 2 rounds. -6 overall and just inside top 10, be good if she can maintain that.

Be nice to see her finish strong, give her confidence for next week.

She's going to birdie 15, brilliant bunker shot to about 18 inches.

Some round of golf from the Finnish girl in the lead, -6 for her front 9, a 2020 rookie same as Leona. A lot of talent our there, be interesting to see if she can hold it together over the finishing stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Since this wasn't on Sky / Sky Youtube, where could we have seen this ? Golf Channel / NBC Sports can't be viewed outside States easily. Are those channels on Apple TV or something ?

20th place in race to CME Globe after this weekends top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

https://golf.com/instruction/rules/that-something-never-seen-lpga-star-clock-ruling/

Came across this article about her lost ball penalty in round 3, she was very unlucky.

• Advertisement

Another great start this week for Leona, -7 and tied for the lead.

Advertisement