Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going around the renting agency company's

Options
  • 27-04-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Is there anyway of just renting of the owner themselves if so how do i contact them? I'm looking to rent in D16 Ballycullen/Knocklyon/Rathfarnham with my family and i am on a budget but the houses i like a 100-200 euro over budget. Iv heard the agency's get one months rent of the owner for completing the deal?

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

You can try asking around the area if people have contact info for a LL but there's a high chance the reason they've gone with an agent is cus they don't want to deal with letting and managing the property or like a lot of home owners they are or already have moved elsewhere in the country or overseas for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What is your budget? There is often at 10-15% wiggle room built into advertised rents, even with agents, so if a house is, say, 1200/ month, you might be able to get it for 1050 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lezle mo

Hi Tony, I doubt you will have much luck getting a reduction with the LL as they are really struggling to meet there mortgage repayments at the moment.
    But do keep in mind you can claim tax back on your monthly rent payments which will even out your budget, the rate is 20% per month.
    If you have rented in the past you should look into reclaiming tax. Hope this is of help to you.

Happy house hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

My budget is 1200 i am looking for a four bed house. Most houses that i try to do a deal on are gone in under a few days due to people paying the full amount

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TonyFella wrote: »
    My budget is 1200 i am looking for a four bed house. Most houses that i try to do a deal on are gone in under a few days due to people paying the full amount

its called supply and demand Tony. Not trying to be smart or anything but the fact is for Knocklyon or the nice part of Rathfarnham ie not whitechurch area your budget isnt big enough. weather that is reasonable rent or not is a different conversation.

either up your budget, expand your search area or keep looking in the hope you find something that ticks your boxes which id say will be slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

lezle mo wrote: »
    Hi Tony, I doubt you will have much luck getting a reduction with the LL as they are really struggling to meet there mortgage repayments at the moment.
    But do keep in mind you can claim tax back on your monthly rent payments which will even out your budget, the rate is 20% per month.
    If you have rented in the past you should look into reclaiming tax. Hope this is of help to you.

Happy house hunting.

This is incorrect.

Advertisement