Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movehome.ie - Santry

Options
  • 27-04-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone any experience with these guys ? We are having an absolute 'mare to put it mildly. They are handling a letting for us. Completely uncontactable, have had to deal with 5 separate agents in 2 years and they seem to have no regard for the general duties a supplier should have to a client or even there services as proudly outlined on their web site.

things are so bad a t this point im actually wondering are they still trading as I cant get hold of them at all !

any experiences anyone else ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ciara22

Are you the landlord or the tenant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

we are the client / Landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ciara22

I would suggest that you use a different letting agent. There are plenty out there at the moment, make sure that they are registered with at least one professional body ie IAVI, IPFMA etc.

Im assuming that you are not tied into any kind of contract with them are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They're still in business alright, they have a little stall type office in the omni.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sonnett

They're a disaster. We've been trying for a week to view a house they're selling in our area; they won't even return our calls.

Ditch them and go with someone else in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

Yeah, ditch them for sure.
    Only had one experience with them-rang for viewings about 5 or 6 times and they never returned my calls. Finally got through to somebody who met me for a viewing, and was obnoxius and rude to me-basically saying that because I couldnt meet him before 6pm that he was putting himself out as it was outside of office hours (7pm-after i finished work) and I better take the place because of this. It wasnt said jokingly either-I felt quite intimidated and uncomfortable around the guy and after the unprofessional attitude of the agency in general I decided not to take the place, even though I quite liked it, it wasnt worth dealing with a company like that if we came up against any problems.

Advertisement