Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of money will finish this house?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

tanyabond wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=556458
    I know there's little information, but just theoretically?

It would have been nice if mr lynch had bothered including some pics of the interior to find out exactly how far along they were.
    Instead we gets pics of leafy laneways. :rolleyes:
    We don't even get the sq footage so as to work out costs of plastering, flooring, etc.

As for the add, I think saying it comes with two bathrooms is a stretch.
    All you probably have is the pipes sticking out of the ground in two rooms.

As it is, it looks like it needs everything bar the roof.
    Need to factor in plastering, plumbing, electrics, flooring, windows, doors, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.

Might suit a builder/handyman who has cash, time on their hands and needs a house to live in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Take it that there is no sewage, water supply, ESB. Most likely no ceilings. The first fix plumbing, wiring, carpentry is not done. There are no windows or doors, bar the skylights.
    I would think €75k should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭tanyabond

Yea, I guess the reason why they only show landscape is that there's absolutely nothing inside:)
    Thank you for your responses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Take it that there is no sewage, water supply, ESB. Most likely no ceilings. The first fix plumbing, wiring, carpentry is not done. There are no windows or doors, bar the skylights.
    I would think €75k should do it.

Interesting. I'm wondering how you arrived at this figure Milk & Honey, even if it is ballpark and even if you made certain assumptions (which is fair enough under the circumstances). A breakdown would be fantastic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Front Door, back Door, French Doors Windows about 10K.
    Get ESB connection and wire throughout 8k
    Plumbing including sanitary ware for bathroom and ensuite 10 k
    Heating system boiler, oil tank radiators etc 8k
    Fitted wardrobes 2k
    slab ceilings skim all internal walls 5k
    Plaster outside 5k
    Fitted kitchen 8k
    internal doors, skirtings architraves locks etc 3k
    Paint all surfaces inside and out 8k
    Tiling bathrooms and kitchen 4k
    Flooring 6k
    Outside storage shed 2k
    Landscaping 2k
    gates 1k
    Driveway and parking apron 5k
    perimeter wall and fencing 5k
    Water Supply ??
    Sewage ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks Milk and Honey. You seem to know your stuff. I'm being pedantic but your figures come closer to 100k than 75k. I do suppose it boils down to what the OP means by "finish". Some might assume finish involves landscaping and perimeter wall and fencing which you have included, others may not...depends on your perspective. Then again more may say a house is never finished which can be quite true too!

Advertisement