Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impractical Jokers

• 20-09-2019 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Do any of ye watch the show 'Impractical Jokers' and how do you think some of the pranks they do would be received in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭RayCon

Can't stand those morons.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Two former housemates of mine used to watch it in the afternoons when they didn't have lectures, and they absolutely loved it. That said, you'd be hard pushed to find a dopier pair of morons than those two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Terrible cheap TV Filler for the unemployed and lonely

Cant stand em

Jesus there's some amount of miserable bastards online at this time of the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I generally like most comedy shows but it is NOT comedy. It’s typical American rubbish, not in the slightest bit funny and hard to watch which is why I don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That fake laughter they do is one of the things I hate most about Americans. Shower of fücking bellends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's dumb, stupid, juvenile and idiotic.

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭randd1

In some of the earlier seasons some of the pranks were just brilliant, some of the stuff they pull is just top notch entertainment. The reactions from members of the public can be something else.

You can only watch it once though, it has no repeat value, and has become stale, they've ran out of ideas. And as it's gone on, they've been less daring too, it's all very safe now.

A classic example of a show that should only be around for a 3rd of the time it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Some of the ideas are good but I can't stand the constant laughing at absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I liked the episode where they went up to strangers in the street and said "Tell me a secret that nobody knows about you".
    This guy gestured for the Impractical Joker to come close to him and whispered "I'm black".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rothko wrote: »
    Some of the ideas are good but I can't stand the constant laughing at absolutely nothing.

That can be grating and OTT, but you can tell when they're genuinely laughing too and sometimes they just completely break.

One of my favourite bits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I liked the episode where they went up to strangers in the street and said "Tell me a secret that nobody knows about you".
    This guy gestured for the Impractical Joker to come close to him and whispered "I'm black".

Was it Justin Trudeau they asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭robbiezero

don't watch it much, some of the pranks can be very good or at least used to be, but the howling and cackling does my head in, so I can only watch about 10 mins of it at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I used to watch it. Found it funny at the start. It gradually faded. Dont bother with it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Jesus there's some amount of miserable bastards online at this time of the morning.

Not finding a particular show funny =/= being a miserable bastard. Do you like all the comedy shows? If not, have you never complained about a show you don’t like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Not finding a particular show funny =/= being a miserable bastard. Do you like all the comedy shows? If not, have you never complained about a show you don’t like?
    Hmm, it's a pity you didn't consider this when you were yapping away at me yesterday because I don't like Friends.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've nothing against the show itself, to be fair. It's a hell of a lot better than most of the hidden camera stuff that's ever made it on the telly.

I just can't help but associate it with a pair of awful muppets, and I'll never be able to watch it without remembering them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

LARRY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watch it from time to time if there's nothing on, some pranks are pretty funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Can't handle all the braying. Douchebag I think is the correct term for these type of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No its rubbish, utterly stupid, cheap T.V and not the slightest bit funny. So to answer your question I do not watch it but have had the misfortune of seeing some of it and how utterly crap it is. What a waste of a T.V slot for a proper T.V program. .

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

AMKC wrote: »
    What a waste of a T.V slot for a proper T.V program. .

Maybe comedy central could start showing more episodes of friends instead ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Was great at the start , lost interest as it went on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Gonna stick my head above the parapet here and say it.

I like watching Impractical Jokers.

Of the four of them, I'd say Q is the only sound one, maybe Sal. But wouldn't trust Murray or Joe, two shhnnaaayyyks of the highest order I'd say haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Maybe comedy central could start showing more episodes of friends instead ?

Why was that show supposed to be funny? Never found it funny myself. Some rich kids living in an apartment and having a great life how boring. They should have called it Bora or the ''sleep show'' as that's the only thing it ever doe for me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Absolute ****e. Like a Jackass for pansies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Hmm, it's a pity you didn't consider this when you were yapping away at me yesterday because I don't like Friends.

You were casting aspersions on those who do. Whoever I replied to there was also casting aspersions, except on those who don’t like a particular show. See? A common thread. Come on, get that superior grey matter working.

Advertisement