Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive?

She's stunning, with or without makeup. She just looks different without it, no less beautiful, just different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Candie wrote: »
    She's stunning, with or without makeup. She just looks different without it, no less beautiful, just different.

I'd say its a testoment to how much make up changes a woman.

again, disclaimer: still hot. I would with or without :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Am I the only who doesn't think she looks different? She looks very much like herself but just without makeup. The job of makeup is to enhance, with makeup she looks like an enhanced, better version of herself. Without it, she's still obviously very naturally attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Her face looks rounder and less elegant but she’d be the hottest girl you know irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This is a bit off topic I know but Barry Manilow has the same amount of syllables and sounds a bit like Bowel Movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

banie01 wrote: »
    Now that I've seen it...
    It cannot be unseen!

Still, it gives him a new big musical!
    A manilow biopic!

Don't be daft, he was dubbed for 'A Star is Born', everybody knows Emu's can't sing.

31140_original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Am I the only who doesn't think she looks different? She looks very much like herself but just without makeup. The job of makeup is to enhance, with makeup she looks like an enhanced, better version of herself. Without it, she's still obviously very naturally attractive.

I wouldn't say she looks better at all, just different and equally beautiful. I think you put that pic of her next to one from The Wolf of Wall Street, you might change your mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I wouldn't say she looks better at all, just different and equally beautiful. I think you put that pic of her next to one from The Wolf of Wall Street, you might change your mind :)

You're preaching to the choir here, I think she's beautiful with or without. She looks like herself in both, makeup just enhances what she already has naturally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Wibbs wrote: »
    And Mr Magoo levels of myopia. Ms Robbie sans the slap...

89b43b1ff516804201dc03f5d4744a2b.jpg

Yeah, clearly she looks like a man and is a munter. :rolleyes: How deluded are some of these retarded shut-ins? Jesus H Christ. Have they ever seen a woman outside of routers and binoculars?

You sound like such a gentleman.

No one said she was a munter? You and the other poster with your strawmen are tiring and I grow weary of your little rants. This is a thread about not seeing the hype, not about saying women are ugly. She is attractive but I don't see her as being at other-worldly levels of beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

She looks anything but ordinary. Though you're dead right on expectations driven by media, but you're also buying into it by thinking she looks ordinary. You expect glammed up photoshopped images, so anything less than that appears ordinary, when it's not. Now we can argue cultural ideals and the like, but according to our current ideal, she'd be in the very top percentage of female beauty minus makeup. And no, you won't find that level too often walking down an average street.

Ah in fairness, she looks entirely ordinary without makeup, like your everyday decent looking woman. I'm not saying she's not attractive, but she's quite normal looking without makeup. To say you wouldn't find that level of attractiveness walking down an average street is utter lunacy. I'd counter-argue and say that on the contrary, walk down an average street and you will easily find more striking women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Raconteuse wrote: »
    The psychotic bitterness and resentment that they'll never get a woman who looks like her.

I'm obviously female.

With make-up on (seeing as that aspect has been nitpicked at), Margot Robbie is clearly an objectively good-looking woman (and she isn't absolutely caked in make-up in that photo either) - her mouth/teeth, eyes, bone structure, facial symmetry, body, hair. Saying her beauty is subjective is silly. I know you don't like being told this, but no need for the personal insults. Beauty is not always subjective.

Without make-up, she is much less remarkable looking (but obviously miles away from "hideous"... and not remotely mannish ffs) however the photos of her and films which people are used to, are the ones where she is wearing make-up and looking stunning - these are what people are referring to when they pretend she isn't good-looking. It just looks resentful from men, and jealous from women. Straining to find a way to insult how someone very good-looking appears - resentful or jealous is all it could be.

However, if I told you you were wrong for not fancying her, then I'd be out of order. Some guy lost the plot with me one time here because I said while Ronaldo is good-looking, I don't fancy him. It really angered him - he was being totally unreasonable. Even though I acknowledged that the man is good-looking. You're acting as though I'm saying the same about others - I am not. Not wanting to have sex with Margot Robbie is just how people feel. But saying she isn't good-looking and worse, is just incorrect.

And going on about how a woman doesn't look as good without make-up is just silly. Hardly anyone looks amazing without make-up, but plenty of people only need a little to look stunning.

But Ronaldo isn’t good-looking. :eek: He really isn’t. Take away his lovely tan skin colour that hides a multitude and replace it with pasty Irish skin. Is that a good-looking dude?

bitofabind wrote: »
    Vogue Williams. I don’t get it. Big horsey man head on her, mouth is far too big and for the love of god just get the mole removed.

Don’t get the Ryan Gosling thing either. He’s astonishingly average with an above average body, maybe that’s what it is.

Me neither. Bang average looking and totally up his own hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

But Ronaldo isn’t good-looking. :eek: He really isn’t. Take away his lovely tan skin colour that hides a multitude and replace it with pasty Irish skin. Is that a good-looking dude?

Well he certainly thinks he is, I think it would be stupid to call him ugly.

Greyfox wrote: »
    Well he certainly thinks he is, I think it would be stupid to call him ugly.

Huh? What does Ronaldo’s own opinion of himself have to do with anything?

His impressive athleticism is an appealing trait but facially? Fuck, no. Grande vag-drier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Homelander wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, she looks entirely ordinary without makeup, like your everyday decent looking woman. I'm not saying she's not attractive, but she's quite normal looking without makeup. To say you wouldn't find that level of attractiveness walking down an average street is utter lunacy. I'd counter-argue and say that on the contrary, walk down an average street and you will easily find more striking women.
    I would love to have your eyes that a) you think she looks like "an every day decent looking woman" and b) that you're able to see that level of looks walking down an average street, indeed that you see more striking women than that on the same average street. I'd love to live on this street, because I've never walked down it and I've walked down a few.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You sound like such a gentleman.

Thanks, you're quite the chivalrous sort yourself...
    I could pick plenty of women on the street who I'd rather throw it into.
    No one said she was a munter?
    There's always a tonne of make up and without it she's a bit manly-looking.
    I grow weary of your little rants.
    Bless. Who the fuk says "I grow weary" these days? I imagine the back of a hand resting on the weary forehead as they say it. :D

But hey, we can agree to disagree on personal ideas of attractiveness and beauty. I'll have a go. Kelly brook would be one for me. When she was like 20 odd yes I could defo see it, but over the last few years? God no. Beyonce? Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You go to people who you shouldn’t find attractive but do thread and people are posting pictures of tv3 weather girls,
    You go to hot people you don’t think are attractive thread and people are saying Margot Robbie as ugly,
    You go to hottest women in the world thread and people are posting pictures of remotely lady looking women from minority groups not renowned for their beauty,

There should be rules to these threads and access requests.

Ye don’t see the attraction to Margot Robbie

https://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.alienwarearena.com%2Fmedia%2Fceb6ceb2f0528fc6f60686e7f89a6022.jpeg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Feu.alienwarearena.com%2Fucf%2Fshow%2F1828552%2Fboards%2Fcosplay-1%2FImage%2Fharley-quinn-287&docid=HFZyq4nfmHt-WM&tbnid=dOao-ceUdcNvSM%3A&vet=1&w=750&h=750&hl=en-ie&client=safari&bih=628&biw=375&ved=2ahUKEwi7jfqsutDkAhWxSxUIHT8OA38QxiAoAHoECAEQGA&iact=c&ictx=1

You probably look like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Heavy Beast

Elaine Crowley. Big pair o’ funbags but beyond that I dunno. Hahahahahhaha alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Elaine Crowley. Big pair o’ funbags but beyond that I dunno. Hahahahahhaha alright.

Awh man comical, I log in here every day to read your catchphrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Might have already been said but Angelina Jolie!

Is anyone good looking after a full body skin graft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kylie Jenner, she is in good shape but I think kim is the best looking of the lot of them even if she is full of plastic.

Guy Person wrote: »
    Is anyone good looking after a full body skin graft?

I’m saying his features are bang average. The tanned skin helps him a lot but even then, I don’t think he’s good-looking.

Kylie Jenner, she is in good shape but I think kim is the best looking of the lot of them even if she is full of plastic.
    Kourtney the pick of the bunch for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Kourtney the pick of the bunch for me.

Agreed. Best looking, best figure (she had boob implants but then had them removed) and the only one of the original 3 without a cartoon arse.

Jamie Dornan, great body but not attractive imo.

I thought so too. Well, actually, I did think he was good-looking, but in a bland “hunk” kind of way. I like ‘em a bit more rugged and/or quirky. But I saw him interviewed on Graham Norton and he was sound and pleasingly Irish. He jokingly used the phrase “I dropped the hand” at one point. So I find him more attractive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Karen Koster, Claudine Palmer. Both sinfully ugly and can't tell them apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Last night I was told, by a lady, that Rafael Nadal is attractive. Am I wrong in thinking he looks like he's been melted? Also, a little pervy for some reason, maybe its the beady eyes.

I am not exaggerating when I say he picks his arse hundreds of times in an average tennis match. If I could ever talk to a woman who is going to shag him I would tell her make sure you see him wash his hands thoroughly before he fingers you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

she has a butterface (everything good looking 'but-her-face' for anyone who knows this term).

Jamie Dornan is a man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

For me it's Alex Morgan, the U.S. female soccer player. Fair enough face but something weird about her skin tone.

2013%252F10%252F15%252F95%252FAlexMorganG.1715b.png%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252880%2529.png?signature=qCPli6En7PQwlh8wr_9BwuLmUpk=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I am not exaggerating when I say he picks his arse hundreds of times in an average tennis match. If I could ever talk to a woman who is going to shag him I would tell her make sure you see him wash his hands thoroughly before he fingers you.

Just asking for a “UTI” there, G.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pikey

Rita Ora

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Victoria Beckham never did anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

And Mr Magoo levels of myopia. Ms Robbie sans the slap...

89b43b1ff516804201dc03f5d4744a2b.jpg

Yeah, clearly she looks like a man and is a munter. :rolleyes: How deluded are some of these retarded shut-ins? Jesus H Christ. Have they ever seen a woman outside of routers and binoculars?

Her looks do not do anything for me. As I've said many pages upthread. She doesn't look like a man or a munter though. She is certainly not ugly. Just not my type. As for "ordinary" what is that? If I saw her in the street I would know that she would be seen as fit by others. The reason for that is because I know from experience that women with such features often seem popular with many. But without that past experience I wouldn't necessarily expect it. When I first saw her, for just a few minutes I thought she was Jaime Pressly before it twigged that she'd be too young to be her. Pressly is another regarded by many as attractive but the appeal of her just passes me by. It's just a matter of taste in certain types I suppose. I generally prefer brunettes so that's part of it. But a larger aspect of it are the proportions and facial expressions (not always captured in pics) aren't what I personally find attractive. Applicable to her and all others with these types of features.

Is it the inclusion of Robbie in this thread or other threads like it that has some people put out? Or is it just specifically ostentatious reasons being provided for it? One thing is definite. There have been many fierce objections to her being mentioned at all in this thread. There have been others that are certainly in the same realm of popularity that have seen fairly harsh critiques but haven't met with the same incredulity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Victoria Beckham never did anything for me.

She wouldn't do anything for me either. No matter how nicely I asked her. :(

She's not especially attractive any though, is she?

Meat Loaf - now there's a man who'd do anything for you. Except that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

This is a bit off topic I know but Barry Manilow has the same amount of syllables and sounds a bit like Bowel Movement.

Only if you pronounce in Bow-el Moo-iv-ment, like you would if you were really straining i suppose:D

True enough squarepants! It would be even worse pronounced by a Dublin "hun"

Mahoovement.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

jVgkUk.jpg

Hilary Swank.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Robbie Williams' missus, Ayda Field.
    Boy should have done better, Jimmy.

mijibZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Most of the more well-known Irish models. Vogue especially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I didn't compare her to anyone. I commented on the current fad of gigantic disproportionate arses that seems to be popular.

I'm no fan of Beyonce either. Certainly more talented, but uses her sexy image to promote herself, every bit as much as the Kardashians do.

Used to play up to the good little Christian girl image to work that market, then started saucing it up big time and when questioned about how she reconciled the new sexy image with her faith, claimed that she was glorifying God's creation by flaunting her body.

Spoofer. Sex sells, everyone knows it and everyone who can, does it. But don't try to pretend that's not what you're doing.

Beyonce is no christian girl, and i doubt she ever was. Look up JayZ Alister Crowley and you'll see that both Jay Z and Beyonce are neck deep in the occult and satanic stuff, really weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭hawley

Maura Derrane from the Afternoon Show. Always listed as a style icon, but you'd see better in a chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Apologies if this thread is considered a zombie thread after a year.

But I was looking there online and can't understand the attraction of Chrissy Teigen. I don't want to be nasty especially given her recent personal issues but even looking at old photos I wouldn't have considered her to have been a model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Dua Lipa, looks like a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Glenda Gilson. Someone obviously must have thought she was attractive for her to be considered Irelands top model in the Celtic Tiger years but I always thought she looks mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

hawley wrote: »
    Maura Derrane from the Afternoon Show. Always listed as a style icon, but you'd see better in a chipper.

She reminds me of Terry Keane for some reason. Same beak like nose and weird shaped mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Apologies if this thread is considered a zombie thread after a year.

But I was looking there online and can't understand the attraction of Chrissy Teigen. I don't want to be nasty especially given her recent personal issues but even looking at old photos I wouldn't have considered her to have been a model.

https://youtu.be/zON2GYibb68

I have no idea either