Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,580 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

True story. Thumbing home from cork, on Friday the 13th, in the back arse of longford, edgeworthstown, or some where, who pulls over to give me a lift only a hearse with a coffin in it. When he seen my face the driver assured me it was empty. Not being that superstitious I jumped in. Manys a person would have cleared. Though it was creepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,435 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

LMC7 wrote: »
    Ok I'm finding this weird...
    Yesterday I was in my bedroom and randomly started thinking of a local lad in my town and imagined if he were to have a baby with his gf(we would barely say hello to each other so I do not know him well and this was a v.random thought lol)
    Anyway today I was again in my bedroom and hanging clothes up when the hook on the back of my door did a 360 and the clothes hanging on it fell to the floor,I joked to myself there must be bad news on the way.Here's where it gets weird..

This evening on fb..local lad had a pregnancy announcement and I found myself on a rip.ie page(that I've never visited before) to see someone I knew briefly died today.
    So strange.

How do you briefly die, that is weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Like Jesus did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I dunno if you are trying to be funny or not but they meant it as they barely knew them.

Most unnerving thing I've had...

Couple of days after my Granny died, woke up in the middle of the night and could have sworn I saw her standing beside my bed. She just kind of smiled the way she always did and was gone. So far, just my half-awake mind acting the eejit, but here's the weird bit... all 5 of my brothers and sisters say the same thing happened to them, that same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It’s friday the 13th - anything creepy happen today?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Can someone offer a rational explanation to this please?
    Started reading through this thread from the start recently (currently on page 115) anyway,this morning reading away with about 20 mins,I hear the front gate being opened and it's a family member calling round.
    He comes round the back of the house and must enter and leave as I hear the door clearly open and close twice.
    Didn't call anyone's name or anything but saw no-one downstairs so left.(I pretended not to be here).
    My room is to the front so I looked out and saw him walk up the terrace.
    I go downstairs to make a coffee and both doors front and back are locked.There would have been no way for him to get in but I heard the door being opened and closed vividly.
    This is starting to unnerve me esp given the date ..did I just imagine the sound in my head because I anticipated the door opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

they're still in the house, probably hiding waiting for the right moment to pounce...

KM792 wrote: »
    Started reading through this thread from the start recently (currently on page 115) anyway,this morning reading away with about 20 mins,I hear the front gate being opened and it's a family member calling round.
    He comes round the back of the house and must enter and leave as I hear the door clearly open and close twice.
    Didn't call anyone's name or anything but saw no-one downstairs so left.(I pretended not to be here).
    I go downstairs to make a coffee and both doors front and back are locked.There would have been no way for him to get in but I heard the door being opened and closed vividly.
    This is starting to unnerve me esp given the date ..did I just imagine the sound in my head because I anticipated the door opening?
    • Maybe you didn't hear the door actually open, but heard the family member try the door twice (perhaps you have a sliding door).
    • They have a key.

De Bhál wrote: »
    they're We're still in the house, probably hiding waiting for the right moment to pounce...
    FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

The following happened to a friend of mine. I believe him

1 There was a prayer thing like https://picclick.co.uk/Holy-Spirit-Prayer-Card-Colour-Medal-272690913572.html#&gid=1&pid=2 hanging on the jamb of the living room door on the hallway side . There two in the link there was just one

He was walking up the hallway by it one day and it flipped as if someone had gave it a slight tap. It went over and back a few times and slowed then stopped. He was two feet from it. There was no wind. though a door was open around a corner. And no one else in the hallway

2 He once met a woman who claimed occult powers. she took his hand to read his palm. then she held her hand palm down over his hand which was palm up. in a couple of seconds he suddenly withdrew his hand with an ouch. He had felt burning like if you hold your hand over a candle a couple of seconds. Important to note she did not touch the middle of his palm where he felt it, only his fingers. Otherwise I would wonder had she chemicals on her hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Friday the 13th...really....are there clowns out there that attach some significance to this date...based on what...a Hollywood film?...ffs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Friday the 13th...really....are there clowns out there that attach some significance to this date...based on what...a Hollywood film?...ffs.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

KM792 wrote: »
    • Maybe you didn't hear the door actually open, but heard the family member try the door twice (perhaps you have a sliding door).
    • They have a key.

No sliding door and definitely no key.
      Every person knows the noise their front and back door makes when it closes right?Its unmistakeable.
      Ya the more I think about this one it's weirding me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The cat bestowed upon me a slaughtered magpie, for Friday the 13th. And it's a full moon tonight....spooky enough?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Definitely bad luck for the magpie. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

I`ve followed this thread for a while and find it quite interesting so I`ll throw my two cents

Anyway I was about 5-6 years old and it was around march/april of that year, I had gotten a boxing bag and gloves for Christmas that year and was outside wearing the gloves while playing with a couple of friends. I turned around and there was a car just pulling up at the curb facing towards the exit road of the estate and in the car (a dark grey Toyota starlet) was a man in his early to mid twenties (I can still picture him as clear as day).

He rolled the window down on the drivers side and with a big grin initiated conversation. He had started by asking my name and who my friends were, where I lived and then started talking about my boxing gloves and how I must of been the "big man" and "the boss" with them on. He then asked me (and only me) to help him find a housing estate nearby (in hindsight he has to pass it to get to where I live and he mispronounced it like he read it off the sign rather than be verbally told the name). When I told him no he said he would bring me into the shop on the way back and buy me what I wanted, he was very insistent my parents wouldn't mind and that he would bring me right back.

at this point alarms started to ring in my head, I was one of them kids that clinged to their parents so the thought of going anywhere with a stranger was out of the question so I backed away and moved toward my house. He started the car and made a hasty retreat once he realised I wasn't going with him.

I really didn't think much of it at the time, it was only as the years passed that I realised what probably would of happed to me if I had of gotten in the car and how potentially different life could of been.

Yes the poor thing was stunning too. Irridescent tail feathers. Cats in themselves are pretty creepy and unnerving! They torment their prey but don't eat them. It seems they kill for sport rather than necessity.

Yes the poor thing was stunning too. Irridescent tail feathers. Cats in themselves are pretty creepy and unnerving! They torment their prey but don't eat them. It seems they kill for sport rather than necessity.

It depends on the cat - I've had plenty of well-fed cats that would indeed eat their prey. Mind you, magpies aren't sweetie-pies either... Gorgeous, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

New Home wrote: »
    It depends on the cat - I've had plenty of well-fed cats that would indeed eat their prey. Mind you, magpies aren't sweetie-pies either... Gorgeous, though.

I hate magpies. shudders. Ugly great noisy.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Graces7 wrote: »
    I hate magpies. shudders. Ugly great noisy.....

I feel the same about Cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

I`ve followed this thread for a while and find it quite interesting so I`ll throw my two cents

Anyway I was about 5-6 years old and it was around march/april of that year, I had gotten a boxing bag and gloves for Christmas that year and was outside wearing the gloves while playing with a couple of friends. I turned around and there was a car just pulling up at the curb facing towards the exit road of the estate and in the car (a dark grey Toyota starlet) was a man in his early to mid twenties (I can still picture him as clear as day).

He rolled the window down on the drivers side and with a big grin initiated conversation. He had started by asking my name and who my friends were, where I lived and then started talking about my boxing gloves and how I must of been the "big man" and "the boss" with them on. He then asked me (and only me) to help him find a housing estate nearby (in hindsight he has to pass it to get to where I live and he mispronounced it like he read it off the sign rather than be verbally told the name). When I told him no he said he would bring me into the shop on the way back and buy me what I wanted, he was very insistent my parents wouldn't mind and that he would bring me right back.

at this point alarms started to ring in my head, I was one of them kids that clinged to their parents so the thought of going anywhere with a stranger was out of the question so I backed away and moved toward my house. He started the car and made a hasty retreat once he realised I wasn't going with him.

I really didn't think much of it at the time, it was only as the years passed that I realised what probably would of happed to me if I had of gotten in the car and how potentially different life could of been.

you'd have gotten ice cream

the lad with the mirror in the jacks is the best by a long way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

you'd have gotten ice cream

the lad with the mirror in the jacks is the best by a long way

I was a fat kid, that eventuality crossed my mind more than once :D

Anyone ever feel their dreams are prophetic?
    Maybe not predictions of major global events but my dreams keep giving me insight into my own life and what is happening with loved ones. 6 months or so into the future is about average.

Perhaps not as spooky but more unnerving, I also keep dreaming about someone I recently briefly went out with. Always bad dreams that leave me feeling grimy and shaky. He wasn't terrible at all, mix of good and bad like most human beings, and nothing happened to cause or explain the dreams. Maybe more psychological than supernatural, I don't know.

Maybe not predictions of major global events but my dreams keep giving me insight into my own life and what is happening with loved ones. 6 months or so into the future is about average.

Perhaps not as spooky but more unnerving, I also keep dreaming about someone I recently briefly went out with. Always bad dreams that leave me feeling grimy and shaky. He wasn't terrible at all, mix of good and bad like most human beings, and nothing happened to cause or explain the dreams. Maybe more psychological than supernatural, I don't know.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

*deja vu*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Come again?

Some kind of glitch from posting on the mobile site. Can't delete them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,580 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had a dream when I was about 17 about my future partner. I dreamt her name and town I'd meet her in .
    FF 30 years and I'm married to a person of that name and living in that town.
    Only the dream was actually a warning that I didn't heed.
    A prophecy I completely got wrong.

• Advertisement

The person i posted about seeing the religious card moving dreamed there was money in a phone box, pre mobile days. He looked in them. No money. Then he went to make a call. While waiting for answer he picked up a paper someone had left on the phone book shelf. It was open at racing page. A horse was circled. He backed it . It won.

He was not/is not a gambler . He knew so little he had to go back and ask if it had won

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The person i posted about seeing the religious card moving dreamed there was money in a phone box, pre mobile days. He looked in them. No money. Then he went to make a call. While waiting for answer he picked up a paper someone had left on the phone book shelf. It was open at racing page. A horse was circled. He backed it . It won.

He was not/is not a gambler . He knew so little he had to go back and ask if it had won
    And what did the Horse say ?

blinding wrote: »
    it said you whinny the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

blinding wrote: »

Neigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've had far too many things happen to me, this is the most recent.

I woke at 4.20am to the sound of someone very clearly saying my name. I hadn't been dreaming either.
    There was nobody else at home except me.
    I had a feeling something was going to happen or had happened, so switched the phone from silent to on.

Later that morning, my dad rang to tell me his brother had died, at 4am. It was unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

cjmc wrote: »
    I had a dream when I was about 17 about my future partner. I dreamt her name and town I'd meet her in .
    FF 30 years and I'm married to a person of that name and living in that town.
    Only the dream was actually a warning that I didn't heed.
    A prophecy I completely got wrong.

I had two, bought football related.
    Thierry Henry to score and France beat Ireland 1-0 in Lansdowne Road.
    The other being Liverpool to beat United with a Danny Murphy penalty.

For the second one I was too young to bet and asked a colleague to stick a tenner on, I remember being furious when it came to be and he hadn’t explicitly stated Murphy to score the penalty.

This is a strange one and I feel uncomfortable even writing it.

About a year ago, a friend told me the following story about her dad.

He was in his bedroom alone the previous night watching TV, when he realised there was a dark figure- like a man wearing all black- standing beside the door.

He started screaming and his 2 adult children ran into the room.
    He started pointing at the figure which he could still see, and told them to look at it.
    But neither of them could see anything.
    He was still seeing it and pointing at it, but they could see nothing.
    He was very distressed and slowly, thankfully, the figure disappeared.

He said afterwards that he'd not found it in any way threatening, just scary because he didn't know what it was.

When his daughter, my friend, told me this story, I asked whether her dad was on any specific medication etc...and I also said that if it was me or one of my family, I'd probably go to my GP for a full check up, just in case.

To be honest, I totally forgot about all that until
    last autumn. He was diagnosed with cancer and as I write, he's terminally ill.
    Not so sure whether there's any significance to the dark figure and his diagnosis, but it made me uneasy.

As a follow on from the above, this gentleman passed away from his illness last summer, about a year later.

On 2 occasions in the house since, I've had weird experiences.
    The 1st was the night he died, I was minding the young grandson while the family were organising the funeral.
    The strongest smell of a newly lit cigarette in the child's bedroom, despite nobody ever smoking in the house, let alone his room.
    When I mentioned it, some weeks later, my friend said her dad had been a heavy smoker, many years before.
    And she felt, he might have been there in spirit, playing a joke on me!

And more recently. All of this on the same date.
    It was his grandson's birthday and only myself and the child were there,(he was in a deep sleep).

Firstly, the sound of something heavy falling in the bedroom and when I checked, I found nothing.
    About an hour later, the very distinct sound of a coin being spun in the same room, yet when I followed the sound, nothing.
    And finally, that same strong smell of a recently lit cigarette.
    It takes a lot to spook me, (scary films only make me roll my eyes), but this gave me goosebumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have had some delirious type dreams where I have had Eureka moments and solved some complicated work problems.

A little awkward when asked how I came to a solution- 'I dreamt it'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I dreamt of a guy I knew crashing his car into a tree at a local shopping center car park, a few days later he did exactly this. Needed a new bumper and a bonnet. It could be a mad coincidence but it is difficult to argue it. I thought it was insane when he told me.

About dreams. On a happier note I have dreamed clealy of my fiancee months before we met and a few times ever since. Every dream was a clear message and a positive happy one. Except one that told me he was sick, which came true, but recently another told me he was back in the land of the living, healthier and safer, and that is true now.

Well I hope the bad ones about recent ex are not warnings. The nagging thing is he took my housekey once 'by accident on purpose'. One of the dreams was about him turning up at my place, blind drunk, crashing into my wall, reversing back and driving onto a flowerbed. Quite comical now I think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

This is about a person i "knew" from Twitter and FB.We where both part of the same group.She lived thousands of miles away.I never met her in the flesh.

I had a dream about her,she was popping in to say hello.She died about 2 days later.Quite unexpectedly.

I never dreamed about her before or since.Quite weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Probably just a coincidence but I had a scheduled appointment to see someone the other day during the afternoon. The morning of the appointment I woke up early but dosed off again around half 7 and had a really vivid dream of the upcoming appointment. In the dream I couldnt get the lady to speak to me, I was following her around but getting no answers, she kept fobbing me off and telling me she couldnt see me now but would try to see me later at another time I kept telling her another time wouldnt suit and I needed to see her at the time we arranged but she wouldnt stick to the appointment. I woke up near 9 and two minutes after 9 I got a text message to say the appointment was cancelled and I would be rescheduled for another date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

mondeo wrote: »
    I dreamt of a guy I knew crashing his car into a tree at a local shopping center car park, a few days later he did exactly this. Needed a new bumper and a bonnet. It could be a mad coincidence but it is difficult to argue it. I thought it was insane when he told me.

Years ago I had a dream a security guard in our place was in a fight...nice guy no rambo bs that you sometimes get....anyway the night of my dream he was hopped on!!! Life is weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

great thread :D

this didn't happen to me personally, but a friend of mine, she was driving at night when all of a sudden the sky went bright for a second, she got quite a fright as she was alone

As for me personally, having hallucinations/hearing voices is pretty unnerving:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Years ago I had a dream a security guard in our place was in a fight...nice guy no rambo bs that you sometimes get....anyway the night of my dream he was hopped on!!! Life is weird!
    Had the Giant Rabbit been in your dream ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

great thread :D

this didn't happen to me personally, but a friend of mine, she was driving at night when all of a sudden the sky went bright for a second, she got quite a fright as she was alone

As for me personally, having hallucinations/hearing voices is pretty unnerving:eek:

Meteorite skimming the atmosphere perhaps - extremely rare to see but i've seen video footage and it basically turns night into day for a second or two, i'd shudder to think what would happen if it actually hit us!

I've a bit of a weird one.
    In the "Interview the person below you" thread, I recently asked the following. If you could change your first name tomorrow what would you choose?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111399268&postcount=3399
    My own answer, Evelyn or Vivienne. I always thought both names were elegant, and not common or overused.

The next day, I was in a shop I'd rarely if ever be in, in a town I seldom visit.
    2 of the staff standing side by side, nametags loud and clear >
    Evelyn and Vivienne.

Goosebumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Meteorite skimming the atmosphere perhaps - extremely rare to see but i've seen video footage and it basically turns night into day for a second or two, i'd shudder to think what would happen if it actually hit us!

or more likely...blanket lightening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Yep. Blanket lightening as you call it. Our name for it was 'Sheet lightening'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

saabsaab wrote: »
    Yep. Blanket lightening as you call it. Our name for it was 'Sheet lightening'

Oh, It's all about Duvet Lightning these days ;-)

Advertisement