Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you hoarding for Beefexit?

• 18-09-2019 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like whatever you have you'll need to hold under lock and key very soon!

The meat packers looks like they are going to starve the farmers into submission but if the good old boys hold out for another week or so it'll be empty shelves unless it's imported from er the UK maybe?!

Or is this the time to save the world and go veggie or at least demi-veg if your're lazy - white meat and fish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My beef drawer in the freezer is half-full of rib-eye and striploin. In any event, I'm heading to Lanzarote for a week on Monday, where Woman and I shall feast on the finest Argentine filet migon, T-bone and Chateaubriand. If they haven't sorted out the whole misfortunate shambles by the time I get back, I'm just going to have to survive on lamb chump-chops and magret de canard.

So in short, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm already lazy so I'm good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

It really makes you think how much easier it is to rear chickens / fowl.

Beef makes me constipated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm already hoarding a cocktail sausage between my legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'm already hoarding a cocktail sausage between my legs.
    You are your own little Meatpacker in a sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

I’ve half a cow in a freezer, do it every year with da brother. We get a local lad to break it down for us. Sorted I’d say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I’ve half a cow in a freezer, do it every year with da brother. We get a local lad to break it down for us. Sorted I’d say

Yep, I've half a beast in my freezer as well.
    We are not related ^^ :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Which half? Head or arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

jimgoose wrote: »
    My beef drawer in the freezer is half-full of rib-eye and striploin. In any event, I'm heading to Lanzarote for a week on Monday, where Woman and I shall feast on the finest Argentine filet migon, T-bone and Chateaubriand. If they haven't sorted out the whole misfortunate shambles by the time I get back, I'm just going to have to survive on lamb chump-chops and magret de canard.

So in short, no.

*paging Angus Von Bismark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Bring it on,I'm looking forward to the coming Rasherfest.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,612 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yep, I've half a beasty in my freezer as well.
    WTF:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Beasty wrote: »
    WTF:confused::confused:

You'd better phone home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

So in short, no.

Someone shops in Aldi and has notions about themselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Eat lamb or venison, both delicious alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,587 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm already lazy so I'm good.

Same here. Hardly look at a dead Bullock now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wouldn't even know there was a dispute on if it wasn't being reported. Doesn't and won't affect me the tiniest little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

So in short, no.

There's nothing quite so common as "filling the freezer" with low grade aged beef. Do you really think your ice burned defrosted rump steak is some sort of haute cuisine? Embarrassed for you to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

There's nothing quite so common as "filling the freezer" with low grade aged beef. Do you really think your ice burned defrosted rump steak is some sort of haute cuisine? Embarrassed for you to be honest.

You're just jealous that he's off to Lanzarote and all you can afford is some skanger-infested dive in Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not a chance will I be dictated to by others. So that would be a no from me. I can live without beef.

Exports are a slightly different matter though I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

No but the urge to kill to getting stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Frozen beef is a waste. Destroys the texture. I'd rather just have less beef.

Someone shops in Aldi and has notions about themselves...

Ah, the good old "notions". Have you spotted Barbary duck fillets in Aldi? The ones around here don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Looks like whatever you have you'll need to hold under lock and key very soon!

The meat packers looks like they are going to starve the farmers into submission but if the good old boys hold out for another week or so it'll be empty shelves unless it's imported from er the UK maybe?!

Or is this the time to save the world and go veggie or at least demi-veg if your're lazy - white meat and fish.

No need to hoard. Soon we will be able to buy Argentine beef and it is excellent, I know because I`ve been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I'm going vegan and investing in sandels and hummus.

🙈🙉🙊

Read again, Dieter - rump steak is for casseroles. I'm rather embarrassed for you, thinking a bit of striplon or ribeye is ever "haute cuisine", but that's Germany for you, one big sausage-fest! :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'm going vegan and investing in sandels and hummus.

Sandeels are a great option, you'll find them frozen and vacuum packed in any good fishing tackle shop :)

Advertisement