Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you addicted to your smartphone?

Options
  • 15-09-2019 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I find myself spending too much time on it these days. There are endless amounts of videos on YouTube, sites like Boards and Reddit, and don't get me started about WhatsApp and Instagram. Hahaha. I am thinking about buying an old flip phone.

How long per day would you spend on your phone?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Way too much probably, but it's my lifeline to the world.

Twitter, YouTube, boards and Podcasts account for most of my usage.

I do not watch TV or listen to live radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't access the internet on my phone at all. Just the Tablet for that. The phone is turned on maybe three days a week. No mobile reception were we live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭gifted

Way too much time on it

Half thinking of going back to the old Nokia type phone and keep the Internet for for tablet in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

We all are there's no doubt about it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

No. I don't even use it every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Recently deleted all the social media apps, turned my phone display to greyscale and my insta, fb and whatsapp are getting yeeted as soon as I get my data off them.

Next step is to make my phone google free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

yes very much so

boards/facebook/messager/WhatsApp/Gmail/radio most of my usage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I check boards about every hour. Could do with knocking it on the head again. I have a lot of closed accounts over the years when I’m on it too much.

I don’t have any other social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not at all...

Posted from Smart Phone Device.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Well, yes and no.

Yes, I am and no, I'm not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

I DONT have a problem. I can give it up any time I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

I DONT have a problem. I can give it up any time I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KoolKluxKlan

Ever since I bought an Apple Watch I find I look at my phone far less during the day, definitely went through a phase of being addicted to it for a while but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

My smartphone's addicted to me. Won't stop f***ing beeping and asking for "updates" and all that ****e.

I just put it in a box for several hours a day. Works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

If I'm heading to the loo and can't find my phone, I'll spend 10 mins searching for it before I give up and, get constipated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No. I don't even use it every day.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I wouldn't say addicted but it is my contact to the world (phone) and my computer ( Google)
    I I'm not a big FB user really and can't do Twitter really , but I'm on my phone when having a smoke.
    I didn't take it on purpose on night going out and other people constantly on their phones was a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

The changeable nature of apps and social media makes these devices highly addictive. I've been trying to delete Facebook which I don't post on for 6 months. Nigh impossible.

Boards is also addictive.

It's a huge social issue and not in a positive way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm addicted to a lot of things. Alcohol, nicotine, love, that rush, sadism, making stupid lists and air. Not my phone.

I do Boards on the desktop and have become slightly addicted to that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I don't access the internet on my phone at all. Just the Tablet for that. The phone is turned on maybe three days a week. No mobile reception were we live.

Do you live in the 1950s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I was snorting 8 iPhones a day there for a while. Realised I had a problem when I found myself in the jacks of the Ilac Center with some stranger going halves on a iPad Pro. That shït”ll fück you up.

I’m down to one Samsung in the morning now, just to clear the head, and maybe a sociable HTC at the weekend. I tried the flip phones and the Nokia 3310, but they just gave me a headache.

Advertisement