Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering new trailer

Options
  • 01-06-2020 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm wondering is there a database I can register ownership of a new trailer on. I know there is one for Ifor Williams. Mine is a tuffmac trailer???? Any info is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭emaherx

IFA had a website called theftstop.ie but it seems to be dead now. Was a good idea, but I guess there wasn't much uptake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

emaherx wrote: »
    IFA had a website called theftstop.ie but it seems to be dead now. Was a good idea, but I guess there wasn't much uptake.

There was a scheme whereby you got a stencil and painted your post code on trailers etc.
    Dropping lambs off at the mart last wednesday, saw a gorgeous Ifor William's tri-axle, with the post code painted on the side.

Was the work of a moment to google it,and find out where the trailer was kept....

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

If u google eleco they have a data tag system for trailers ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭emaherx

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    There was a scheme whereby you got a stencil and painted your post code on trailers etc.
    Dropping lambs off at the mart last wednesday, saw a gorgeous Ifor William's tri-axle, with the post code painted on the side.

Was the work of a moment to google it,and find out where the trailer was kept....

It wasn't a post code the scheme used it was just a registration number created when you joined. Post code would be foolish.

Advertisement