Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ongoing Issue of Feral Youths Running Amok in Dublin

Options
  • 22-05-2020 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I decided to make a separate thread to the gangland shootings one as technically this isn't really relevant to that thread.

Over the course of the last year the youth of Coolock, Finglas, Cabra, Balbriggan, Donaghmeade, Clarehall, Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Driminagh have gotten well out of control.

We've had 3 days of assaults around North Dublin carried by a roving gang of 30 teenagers armed with knives and hammers. They have attacked innocent civilians, retired Gardai and have hospitalised a number of people and are not letting up.

In Finglas we have the Gucci gang made up of some extremely violent young teens led by some 'older' heads in their 20s. They regularly are involved in violent acts and have easy access to guns. They basically run parts of Finglas

Around Driminagh there has been a gang of teens terrorising people around the canal and luas stop. They have carried out a number of racially motivated attacks, are regularly attacking cyclists and have been responsible for many robberies.

If you don't have tiktok you should download it and look at a general search videos. It is incredible the amount of videos of these teenagers abusing Gardai, joyriding, attacking people, setting things alight etc. Obviously these are things that have always happened but the level of videos has definitely increased as has the out and out disrespect these people hold for the gardai.

Now we have an incoming crack epidemic that is going to engulf the cities. The quality of cocaine has increased immeasurably in Dublin since a decade ago and this has made these teens become more violent, psychotic and paranoid.

The guards are soft. Witness the videos of Clayton being released from the garda station because of the pressure put on the garda by his mother. The kid and the mother even had the audacity to attack the gardai after they released Clayton showing what little respect they have for the Gardai.

Take a drive around Darandale, witness scramblers joyriding around on the roads, open dealing on the green, people smoking crack in full view of the public. Watch the gardai being abused without a peep from the serving members. You rarely see garda on foot in these areas because they're terrified to leave their car.

We now have a group of 20 teens primarily around Darandale that are going to become possibly the most violent gang we've ever seen in a few years. Once they turn on Mr.Big (and they will) we are going to see even more violence.

The government needs to get serious and do a Brazilian style 'Pacificado' (when the Brazilian police cleared out Rio before the world cup and Olympics) in these bad estates. Send in the Gardai supported by the ERU, Public Order Unit and have the army ready to restore order if things get out of hand. Send a message. The government should be doing simultaneous raids on all known drug houses, and doing a sweep on the greens of all these estates at once, search every single feral kid and if anyone gets lippy give them a hit of the baton.

The Gardai need to remind these animals that this **** won't be tolerated, before its too late.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Bring back the ra

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

I remember well during the 90's how dealers were vilified and forced out, this was one strand of the community action against them,

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SoSolidFool

I remember well during the 90's how dealers were vilified and forced out, this was one strand of the community action against them,

The 90s are a cakewalk to today. There has been 4 different shootings in the space of 5 days in Dublin alone.

And this epidemic is going to be much worse than heroin. Crack cocaine makes it users are extremely violent, the hits last 10-20 minutes and its immeasurably more expensive than heroin. It causes paranoia and psychosis whereas good heroin would turn them into stumbling zombies.

In the 90s the Guards weren't afraid to walk in any estates but that is not the case today. They won't get out of their cars in certain estates and with good reason. Guards are attacked all the time these days. Sure we've just seen a video of a 17 year old and his mother attacking guards in their own station. The guards even let the kid go! Honestly the guards have gone soft. They are intimidated, out of shape and actively compromised (its becoming increasingly common to see news about guards working with gangs)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Why is crack about to become popular? It's been around years and never caught on in Ireland.

Why is crack about to become popular? It's been around years and never caught on in Ireland.

The quality of cocaine has immeasurably improved making crack easier to produce and of a higher quality.

In addition heroin use is way down. Dealers are looking for a new drug to get their customers hooked on as teens these days are more averse to trying heroin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

yes, this country has big issues with teenagers. It's a combination of retarded laws on self-defence + some abnormal uber-protection of teens, making them untouchable. Once seeing 10 year old monkeys jumping at the windows and spitting at people inside Luas full of people in the middle of the day, made me realize that this tolerant and democratic public is ready to swallow pretty much everything.

But nothing has changed in the last 20 years, so keep enjoying your democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

The 90s are a cakewalk to today. There has been 4 different shootings in the space of 5 days in Dublin alone.

And this epidemic is going to be much worse than heroin. Crack cocaine makes it users are extremely violent, the hits last 10-20 minutes and its immeasurably more expensive than heroin. It causes paranoia and psychosis whereas good heroin would turn them into stumbling zombies.

In the 90s the Guards weren't afraid to walk in any estates but that is not the case today. They won't get out of their cars in certain estates and with good reason. Guards are attacked all the time these days. Sure we've just seen a video of a 17 year old and his mother attacking guards in their own station. The guards even let the kid go! Honestly the guards have gone soft. They are intimidated, out of shape and actively compromised (its becoming increasingly common to see news about guards working with gangs)

I wont say things are not bad today, but your idea that things were not bad in the 90’s in Dublin (Tallaght) is very wide of the mark. Why do you think an Australian news agency travelled to Dublin to make the documentary?

I seen myself how in the 90’s the Garda were also afraid to enter tallaght at night, i personally seen they used to hang on the outskirts of estates in the car and always leaving themselves a way to escape if it got serious, the bus service I cant say how many time refused to go up into estates in Tallaght after dark, they stopped at the Square and went back into town.

And if you think crack is only new you are quite naive, I seen crack smokers and addicts years ago all around Dublin, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot.

Anyway, this is digressing, community activism is what defeated it in the past, its what will defeat it today, possibly only with a heavy hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Can you suggest how community activism is going to defeat it ??

Surely with the introduction of guns and money its more difficult to defeat without the ARU and Gardai tackling head on ??

Common sense approach and community policing clearly hasnt worked. Time to put the carrot away & use the stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

The legislation around "children first" has resulted in children being untouchable. I was reported under child protection for saying an errant teen needed "a kick in the hole". Needless to say, it didnt get far.

However, that is what you are up against. I saw a garda kick a skanger in the ribs on answering an emergency call when they realised who it was. I had a punch up with him, he was wild, and when the garda arrived, I was sitting on him. Did I say that? whoops, maybe I imagined it, dont quote me, dont want to be ordered to make a statement.

All the do gooders pushing to protect the poor youth of today are exasperating the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Free legal aid is big problem too, should be limited to 2 guilty charges then you can never access it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,449 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Free legal aid is big problem too, should be limited to 2 guilty charges then you can never access it again.

This

I can never understand why there is free legal aid forever for scrotes.

The whole system is arseways.

I wont say things are not bad today, but your idea that things were not bad in the 90’s in Dublin (Tallaght) is very wide of the mark. Why do you think an Australian news agency travelled to Dublin to make the documentary?

I seen myself how in the 90’s the Garda were also afraid to enter tallaght at night, i personally seen they used to hang on the outskirts of estates in the car and always leaving themselves a way to escape if it got serious, the bus service I cant say how many time refused to go up into estates in Tallaght after dark, they stopped at the Square and went back into town.

And if you think crack is only new you are quite naive, I seen crack smokers and addicts years ago all around Dublin, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot.

Anyway, this is digressing, community activism is what defeated it in the past, its what will defeat it today, possibly only with a heavy hand.

I don't think crack is new It think its becoming much more prevalent as the coke has gotten so much stronger. Even during the boom of the Celtic Tiger the coke quality was poor. These days coke is far more potent.

This

I can never understand why there is free legal aid forever for scrotes.

The whole system is arseways.

I've a better idea.

The state should subtract the legal aid from their welfare payments. You could subtract it over the course of months if it is a particularly high cost.

Honestly these scum don't care about getting convictions or going to court but they'll care if it means their free income is reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭1 sheep2

I baulk at the use of language like feral. These are humans, after all, who will go home and help their parents with the dishes, play football with their younger siblings, and so on. Though I don't think it ever an excuse, there is no doubt that working class gang violence is a function of deprivation. The long term solution, as it was for the 90s drug problem and associated violence, is economic progress. Draconian responses are not likely to be effective. I also am resistant to making bold assertions, like ascribing the problem principally to drugs.

But I am concerned that it seems to be going ignored by the establishment. One thing that I cannot understand is that, with the exception of fringe news outlets like Dublin Live, the media is not covering it. Or, if they do, it'll be a short article light on detail that is never followed up. Given that the most trivial of happenings in this country are reported on, I hope I'm not being hysterical in suggesting that only a decision within media organisations not to magnify these incidents can explain why thirty teenagers chasing another across town with weapons, involving an off-duty guard, did not get front-page coverage.

An increasing prejudice of mine that I am uncomfortable about is, having seen that a few of the incidents involved exclusively black youths, to wonder whether every other I hear about involves the same group. I would quite like to be proved wrong and look online for pictures or videos of the latest incidents, but never find anything. Here, then, is an example of where a refusal to cover the incidents is actually leading to the prejudice (albeit mild and somewhat sympathetic, in my case) that they are presumably trying to avoid. If RTE and the Irish Times won't cover it, I am forced to seek out Dublin Live and other questionable outlets for my news.

1 sheep2 wrote: »
    I baulk at the use of language like feral. These are humans, after all, who will go home and help their parents with the dishes, play football with their younger siblings, and so on. Though I don't think it ever an excuse, there is no doubt that working class gang violence is a function of deprivation. The long term solution, as it was for the 90s drug problem and associated violence, is economic progress. Draconian responses are not likely to be effective. I also am resistant to making bold assertions, like ascribing the problem principally to drugs.

But I am concerned that it seems to be going ignored by the establishment. One thing that I cannot understand is that, with the exception of fringe news outlets like Dublin Live, the media is not covering it. Or, if they do, it'll be a short article light on detail that is never followed up. Given that the most trivial of happenings in this country are reported on, I hope I'm not being hysterical in suggesting that only a decision within media organisations not to magnify these incidents can explain why thirty teenagers chasing another across town with weapons, involving an off-duty guard, did not get front-page coverage.

An increasing prejudice of mine that I am uncomfortable about is, having seen that a few of the incidents involved exclusively black youths, to wonder whether every other I hear about involves the same group. I would quite like to be proved wrong and look online for pictures or videos of the latest incidents, but never find anything. Here, then, is an example of where a refusal to cover the incidents is actually leading to the prejudice (albeit mild and somewhat sympathetic, in my case) that they are presumably trying to avoid. If RTE and the Irish Times won't cover it, I am forced to seek out Dublin Live and other questionable outlets for my news.

Economic progress? We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world, there was an abundance of jobs, open university for all. They have the best welfare payments in the world. You can stop making excuses for them. They have more opportunity than 99% of the world population.

And it is ****ing ridiculous that you are trying to make this a race matter. Guess what all of those 30 kids running around are WHITE. They are scum from Darandale. There was a black gang from Balbriggan but no, 99% of these incidents are white scumbags. In fact that big gang in Driminagh that have made parts of the canal a no go area are actually targeting black people in their attacks

Find another thread to vent your racist **** in, If it was only black kids doing this then Dublin would have nearly 0% crime :rolleyes:

Economic progress? We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world, there was an abundance of jobs, open university for all. They have the best welfare payments in the world. You can stop making excuses for them. They have more opportunity than 99% of the world population.

And it is ****ing ridiculous that you are trying to make this a race matter. Guess what all of those 30 kids running around are WHITE. They are scum from Darandale. There was a black gang from Balbriggan but no, 99% of these incidents are white scumbags. In fact that big gang in Driminagh that have made parts of the canal a no go area are actually targeting black people in their attacks

Find another thread to vent your racist **** in, If it was only black kids doing this then Dublin would have nearly 0% crime :rolleyes:

I suspected it from your OP, but you're quite obviously a crank.

I stated with such clarity that only an idiot could misunderstand that a consequence of the media's failure to report it is that I am left wondering whether all incidents I hear about resemble the small number for which I've seen videos - quite natural, I think. I expressed regret about that fact and a desire to be shown to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bit overboard there, I don't think he was being racist

1 sheep2 wrote: »
    I suspected it from your OP, but you're quite obviously a crank.

I stated with such clarity that only an idiot could misunderstand that a consequence of the media's failure to report it is that I am left wondering whether all incidents I hear about resemble the small number for which I've seen videos - quite natural, I think. I expressed regret about that fact and a desire to be shown to be wrong.

The only crank is you. You are transparent and we see all the time the tactics of racist cowards trying to make it out like you are against racism but then going ahead to make a racist statement to colour people's judgements.

You are trying to create narrative that there are tons of black kids running around causing trouble because if someone like you who is 'vehemently against racism' has noticed it then it might be true. You then cover it up further by saying you 'hope' that the media is misreporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Some odd notions about crack getting bandied about here.

Crack by it's definition is far from pure, it's whole selling point is that it can be manufactured cheaply with baking soda and as it's smoked instead of snorted it's absorbed much more quickly delivering a short, fast hit.

The fact you are by definition mixing down the cocaine with baking soda means you can sell it cheaper thus bringing in a lot of poor punters who can't afford to fund a Gerry Ryan habit.

It hasn't taken off in Ireland in 30 years and it's highly unlikely it will now.

The only crank is you. You are transparent and we see all the time the tactics of racist cowards trying to make it out like you are against racism but then going ahead to make a racist statement to colour people's judgements.

You are trying to create narrative that there are tons of black kids running around causing trouble because if someone like you who is 'vehemently against racism' has noticed it then it might be true. You then cover it up further by saying you 'hope' that the media is misreporting.

It's quite telling that you're able to fabricate a detailed narrative about me without having almost any information which to go on. In fact, I think your characterisation of me is contradicted by most of what little information you do have. It explains much about your OP.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Some odd notions about crack getting bandied about here.

Crack by it's definition is far from pure, it's whole selling point is that it can be manufactured cheaply with baking soda and as it's smoked instead of snorted it's absorbed much more quickly delivering a short, fast hit.

The fact you are by definition mixing down the cocaine with baking soda means you can sell it cheaper thus bringing in a lot of poor punters who can't afford to fund a Gerry Ryan habit.

It hasn't taken off in Ireland in 30 years and it's highly unlikely it will now.

I think you are mistaken about it not taking off currently. There are almost daily crack seizures and if you go into these estates you will see that there is crack absolutely everywhere whereas before it wasn't as prevalent. I've been hearing that its easier to get crack than weed these days.

Mixing down a better quality of cocaine for cheaper, producing more affordable crack that is stronger and more highly addictive than the crack of years gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Guys, get back on topic or I'll be handing some bans out

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

If they and their parents were forced to work to feed themselves, lots of these issues would go away.

The welfare state is to blame. The last taboo in Ireland is to question the welfare state and the accommodation of single mothers to the point where they don't have to work. The infuriating thing is the recent elections are basically a cry for more government welfare, not less. No-one in this country seems to value work anymore as the main route out of these problems.

The other major factor is that political correctness, alongside the widespread use of camera phones by the welfare class, means Guards are paralyzed and cannot do real police work. This is why you see them stopping middle class people trying to play a game of golf....sure that's a lot safer and easier than doing real police work!

If they and their parents were forced to work to feed themselves, lots of these issues would go away.

The welfare state is to blame. The last taboo in Ireland is to question the welfare state and the accommodation of single mothers to the point where they don't have to work. The infuriating thing is the recent elections are basically a cry for more government welfare, not less. No-one in this country seems to value work anymore as the main route out of these problems.

The other major factor is that political correctness, alongside the widespread use of camera phones by the welfare class, means Guards are paralyzed and cannot do real police work. This is why you see them stopping middle class people trying to play a game of golf....sure that's a lot safer and easier than doing real police work!

I think that while we will always have to provide welfare for obvious reasons it should be reduced and after a period of one year without work reduced further. I think legal aid should be subtracted from welfare payments.

I mean they have free houses, free schools, more or less free healthcare so its ridiculous that we are paying them so much and on top of that giving them free legal aid when they go onto commit crimes. Everyone deserves legal representation so why doesn't the state subtract that representation from their welfare payments over the course of months?

All of these kids running around in welfare areas have top of the range clothes, phones. They can go out clubbing on the weekends and holiday abroad up to three times a year. The amount of high spec cars in our deprived areas is crazy.

I wouldn't even mind if they just kept to themselves but instead they go around abusing our gardai telling them they pay their wages (LOL), they go into ACTUAL hardworking areas like Portmarnock where people actually worked hard to get a house there and threaten and attack the residents. They shout and piss and fight all over town making the boardwalk an eye sore and intimidating tourists.

I am just at the end of my tether with this ****. While us working people are paying 2,000 for a one bed near our work these ****ing vermin are living rent free in prime city centre locations without having the need to even go to work. Why the **** aren't they tossed out to the commuter areas if they want a free house?

They just breed and breed generations of state spongers who are progressively getting more entitled and worse. What do they do to the actual working people? Attack, rob, intimidate, sue.

I think the people of Ireland are fed up with the soft glove approach. They have it too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Have kids, go homeless, get house for life with all the trimmings.

This whole homeless scam needd to be called out but not one politician has the balls.

So it's more free houses for anyone who calls for one.

SF in power soon.

Good luck.

Have kids, to homeless, get house for life with all the trimmings.

This whole homeless scanners to be called out but not one politician has the balls.

So it's more free houses for anyone who need them.

SF in power soon.

Good luck.

SF coming into power will be a disaster.

The Gardai will be even more hamstrung. People think rents will come down with SF? Good luck, prime living developments will be going to social housing and its a fantasy to think they'll cap rental prices which is just not legally possible.

SF is a disaster for anyone working. Taxes will go up and even more of your hard earned money will be going to a welfare system that is already one of the most generous in the world.

The little darlings of Coolock will be protected from the Gardai with SF in power and the voice of the (non)working-class.

Anyone who actually works and pays rent should not be supporting Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

How do I find these videos on tiktok?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

These are the first generation of kids that were raised on Smartphones and Tablets by the first generation of parents that cannot fend for themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Want a clamp down on crime and the little scrotes running riot?

It has to start at the top. There is no right wing party in Ireland. There should be. That's the problem right there.

End the welfare and softly softly approach. Ignore the outrage merchants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

This is a nationwide problem which has been getting worse and worse for the past 20 years.

The justice system is a huge part of it as are the do-gooders that oppose any form of responsibility being forced upon thugs and their thug families.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement