Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Air 2 - did you get yours yet ?

Options
  • 14-05-2020 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

preordered mine and should get it soon, hoping for tomorrow as will have some spare time this weekend to test it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

Ordered on the 28th, shipped on the 8th and arrived today the 14th. I'm loving it, absolutely fantastic coming from a Mavic Mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Ordered on the 28th, shipped on the 8th and arrived today the 14th. I'm loving it, absolutely fantastic coming from a Mavic Mini.

did you get a chance to fly it yet?
    btw, theres a warning in regard of first batteries charge, they need to be charged directly from the charger one by one

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

did you get a chance to fly it yet?
    btw, theres a warning in regard of first batteries charge, they need to be charged directly from the charger one by one

Yep flew it a good bit yesterday, I'm really happy with it and glad I made the jump.

I saw a video warning about the batteries so I charged them all individually first to make sure they activated. All working great so far.

great stuff, just got mine ... didnt open it yet so excited like a kid on Christmas Day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wuutlol

I got my Mavic Air 2 fly more combo on Friday and it is an awesome UAS with a great camera. Very cool, very fun to fly. It comes with the OcuSync 2.0 protocol instead of Wi-Fi which greatly increases the max flight distance. The 34 minutes fly time is more than enough and you may run out of storage before running out of battery. Bear in mind that regulations allow for only 300m flight distance (from the pilot) and 15m altitude when in class C controlled air space. I just wish it was easier to find a place to enjoy the drone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Mine finally arrived this morning. Charged everything, stoked to try it out as its my first drone . Unable to find the Fly app on the Google store and download it directly from Dji but I was unable to install it because my phone is not compatible with the app.

So gutted, I'm going to have to buy a new phone.

mossy95 wrote: »
    Mine finally arrived this morning. Charged everything, stoked to try it out as its my first drone . Unable to find the Fly app on the Google store and download it directly from Dji but I was unable to install it because my phone is not compatible with the app.

So gutted, I'm going to have to buy a new phone.

oh that sucks mate :(
    these apps got quite high requirements, instead of new phone Id get ipad mini 4 but it wont fit into controller so adapter / holder needed. Ive made mine using plexiglas and hot air gun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Got my Fly More Combo yesterday. Had great time flying it yesterday evening however afterwards I discovered that the controller won't charge. Charging lights come on for a few seconds but then go out. Using supplied hardware. Tried different cable and regular charger. No difference.

Contacted DJI this morning and the suggest that I contact my supplier (which I have done since) to get a new controller. Sounds like there may be some dud controllers out there as DJI were pretty quick to agree that the controller was faulty.

highdef wrote: »
    Got my Fly More Combo yesterday. Had great time flying it yesterday evening however afterwards I discovered that the controller won't charge. Charging lights come on for a few seconds but then go out. Using supplied hardware. Tried different cable and regular charger. No difference.

Contacted DJI this morning and the suggest that I contact my supplier (which I have done since) to get a new controller. Sounds like there may be some dud controllers out there as DJI were pretty quick to agree that the controller was faulty.

hope you'll get it replaced soon
    I've seen topic about dodgy joysticks as well, thankfully mines ok

I bought it in Harvey Norman as it was actually a very good price! As it was bought in-store from a large company, I might just ask that I get the whole thing replaced as I could be waiting a while to get the controller repaired/replaced if DJI need to get involved.

Will see how tomorrow pans out when I call to the store but I'm sure I'd be well within my rights to ask for either a full replacement or else a refund.....and then just buy another one.

• Advertisement

yeah, guess store should replace it on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

highdef wrote: »
    I bought it in Harvey Norman .
    They're usually very good at replacing products.
    Had an ipad that just up and died, brought it into them and after two days I was just given a new one.

I would return the whole thing, drone/controller, box, the lot.

They're usually very good at replacing products.
    Had an ipad that just up and died, brought it into them and after two days I was just given a new one.

I would return the whole thing, drone/controller, box, the lot.

Yeah, have put everything back in the box as neatly as possible. Will request a full exchange for a new one if available but will go to another Dublin store if they have none in stock tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wip3out

Where would I get a discount code for the Mavic Air 2? the education discount doesn't work with this model :(

wip3out wrote: »
    Where would I get a discount code for the Mavic Air 2? the education discount doesn't work with this model :(

no idea to be honest, never heard about it

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Yes got mine last Thursday direct from DJI. Flown 3 times, very impressed so far. Easy to fly and control. JPEGS and in camera panorama's are excellent. RAW files not so good unless in very good light. Small sensor from a big distance explains it but overall I'm very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Order mine from Harvey Norman last week for pick up and still no word since. Said it was back in stock on Monday 25th and currently saying available but no word yet. Don't know if it is a backlog or they are out of stock. Very annoying.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Order mine from Harvey Norman last week for pick up and still no word since. Said it was back in stock on Monday 25th and currently saying available but no word yet. Don't know if it is a backlog or they are out of stock. Very annoying.

Got mine from Harvey Norman too. Carrickmines was the only store with any in stock (Fly More Combo pack). Ordered online and was available for pick-up the following day although had to return a few days later as the controller was faulty. All good since after getting a new controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Any thoughts on the 48MP photos? Looking to get one of these before the weekend but interested in image quality. Reviews seem to be mostly positive even if it isn't as good as the Mavic 2 Pro. But that's to be expected due to sensor size.

Chavways wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the 48MP photos? Looking to get one of these before the weekend but interested in image quality. Reviews seem to be mostly positive even if it isn't as good as the Mavic 2 Pro. But that's to be expected due to sensor size.
    I wouldn't base your purchase on this tech spec alone:
    http://thedronegirl.com/2020/05/03/48mp-mavic-air-2/

It's standard 12mp stills should still be pretty good for the price.

It's mostly marketing bullsh*t.
    Like the Mavic 2's 1" HASSELBLAD 10-bit colour camera that isn't as good/no better than the standard Phantom 4 pro camera.

• Advertisement

Very good so far - struggles in low light to capture detail but in any sort of decent light they are perfect. No they won't blow you away but they are pretty damn good. There are some edited examples on my Instagram - skyshotsireland - these were all edited from 48MP photos

Be aware though, the 48MP RAWs are HOOOGE - just shy of 100MB each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Like the Mavic 2's 1" HASSELBLAD 10-bit colour camera that isn't as good/no better than the standard Phantom 4 pro camera.

Thanks, yeah I've done some reading and know it won't make a huge difference to IQ as the sensor is still small. Definitely looks to be a decent upgrade over a Mavic Air though.
    sumo12 wrote: »
    Very good so far - struggles in low light to capture detail but in any sort of decent light they are perfect. No they won't blow you away but they are pretty damn good. There are some edited examples on my Instagram - skyshotsireland - these were all edited from 48MP photos

Be aware though, the 48MP RAWs are HOOOGE - just shy of 100MB each

Wow didn't think they'd be so big but very interesting. Have you printed any of your 12MP/48MP shots yet? I assume it has the 12MP panorama functionality but is there any way to do 48MP panos automatically?

Wow didn't think they'd be so big but very interesting. Have you printed any of your 12MP/48MP shots yet? I assume it has the 12MP panorama functionality but is there any way to do 48MP panos automatically?

No haven't printed any yet. All the on board panoramas are JPEGS. You would need to stitch RAWs together in post production to keep the quality up. However, in my opinion the on board JPEG panos are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Actually, they are 48MP photos, 4x12MP to be exact :D

kucyk wrote: »
    Actually, they are 48MP photos, 4x12MP to be exact :D
    Normal photo mode is 12MP stills using pixel binning.
    The sensor is 48MP, so you can actually think of it dividing the 48 by 4, not multiplying.

Will take less computing power to produce the 12MP images, hence the delay people have reported when using the 48MP photo mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Finally got mine there at the weekend, delighted with it. First flight got it out over twice the distance I got the mini out before it had connection issues. Handles the wind much better. Didn't get any wind warns at all. Biggest issue I had was watching videos at 4k 60fps on laptop after. Really struggled. Think I will have to mess with the settings and lower the resolution.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Finally got mine there at the weekend, delighted with it. First flight got it out over twice the distance I got the mini out before it had connection issues. Handles the wind much better. Didn't get any wind warns at all. Biggest issue I had was watching videos at 4k 60fps on laptop after. Really struggled. Think I will have to mess with the settings and lower the resolution.
    yeah, 4k @60fps eats processing power badly so Ive lowered it to 2 and watching it on my macbook or PC looks the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

What’s people’s experience buying directly from the DJI store? I purchased last Thursday but my order is still in the processing stage.
    Neil

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

neilc wrote: »
    What’s people’s experience buying directly from the DJI store? I purchased last Thursday but my order is still in the processing stage.
    Neil

Brilliant, I ordered mine on Friday the 29th of May and it was delivered on Wednesday the 3rd by DHL, no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Clareman wrote: »
    Brilliant, I ordered mine on Friday the 29th of May and it was delivered on Wednesday the 3rd by DHL, no problems at all.

Dead on thanks, I should expect movement soon so.

Advertisement