Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Multiple Sign Ins on my various accounts

Options
  • 22-04-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if I have done enough here

Been getting login attempts since last thursday on various accounts I have online Spotify , Twitch, Hotmail, Instagram and even Reddit , seems to have started on Spotify (that was the 1st one)

Anyway I changed passwords on everything I could possibly think of associated with that email address and turned 2fa where possible is there anything else I can do (bar shutting down that email address)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Hey guys just wondering if I have done enough here

Been getting login attempts since last thursday on various accounts I have online Spotify , Twitch, Hotmail, Instagram and even Reddit , seems to have started on Spotify (that was the 1st one)

Anyway I changed passwords on everything I could possibly think of associated with that email address and turned 2fa where possible is there anything else I can do (bar shutting down that email address)

Sounds like your email was in some list of hacked accounts(Which is not to say it was hacked itself)
    You can check for indications of that here

If your email is in there it doesn't mean you have been hacked just that the email was included in a Username:password dump(These might not be accurate). Attackers use these dumps to target accounts on the assumption that people reuse the username:password combinations.

You can also sign up to their service which will send you a notification if your email is included in a future dump.

As long as your using unique complicated passwords on each site with 2fa where possible your doing pretty much all you can.
    As a extra precaution you could check the login source IP for important accounts (but you appear to have one that already)

I uses a password manager (Last pass) to help manage all the passwords, some people hold the view that password managers are too dangerous (All passwords in one service) but i disagree and don't put my email password there(i remember that) as a precaution as all other sites can be retrieved from my email.

EDIT: one last thing you could do, check your email for redirection and forward rules, attackers use these to bypass your email account and these can mean your account could be used for scams with out your knowledge - this is unlikely in your case but you never know !!

Advertisement