Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you paying your childminder for the shutdown period

Options
  • 13-03-2020 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Quick one. If people are going to be off work and in a position to mind their own children, are they expected to still paying their childminders for the shutdown period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bules

bemak wrote: »
    Quick one. If people are going to be off work and in a position to mind their own children, are they expected to still paying their childminders for the shutdown period?

I know that in our place if the child out they want to be paid to keep the place open I'd imagine they are gonna have he same outlook now, I suppose they need to keep the lights on too in this dark time

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bemak

bules wrote: »
    I know that in our place if the child out they want to be paid to keep the place open I'd imagine they are gonna have he same outlook now, I suppose they need to keep the lights on too in this dark time

I can imagine this is the case for creches and nursery's. We have a private childminder and the agreement is we don't pay for holidays or days she can't take the kids. Not sure where this situation lies! The school year could be extended to cover the shutdown period in any case which would make up the shortfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Every childminder will have different expectations, based on their circumstances. I think the only way to know is to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

As long as I am paid I will keep paying. It might be different if our income dried up. Im public sector, husband isnt, but we should be able to manage on my salary for a time anyway and keep her going. She has a family too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Who's going to own this shutdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

We’re obligated to pay our crèche while taking unpaid leave to mind our child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CathyAnn

Can your child minder claim the special social welfare covid19 dole payment?

Advertisement