Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50k for 30 days

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Enduro

KSU wrote: »
    Given non affiliation to AAI or IMRA I would be questioning insurance moreso than the calibre of athlete and merits of "Elite" labels

I'd be guessing that coaching qualifications might be somewhat underwhelming as well. Which potentially just adds to the issue.

Yup, I'd say they have no idea about the financial disaster zone they are opening themselves up to if they are not properly insured.

normanoffside, Yeah I had spotted a while back that they were indeed promoting themselves as not just elites, but European level elites. No comment required.

I do wonder what they're hoping to achieve. Maybe it is a simple as money. But they've managed to build up an impressive list of people who, shall we say, hold them in less than high regard. So if its an ego thing it would have been harder to fail more spectacularly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

KSU wrote: »
    Given non affiliation to AAI or IMRA I would be questioning insurance moreso than the calibre of athlete and merits of "Elite" labels

My friend did actually ask this and about coaching quals and was asked to provide his phone number. When he refused to provide his number, they deleted his comment and blocked him from the page. Was actually generally interested in linking up with them but wants to run championship races so wants to be in AI affiliated club. Found the request for his phone number / them only willing to deal with queries that come in over facebook, over the phone a bit unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Robbo hunter

My friend did actually ask this and about coaching quals and was asked to provide his phone number. When he refused to provide his number, they deleted his comment and blocked him from the page. Was actually generally interested in linking up with them but wants to run championship races so wants to be in AI affiliated club. Found the request for his phone number / them only willing to deal with queries that come in over facebook, over the phone a bit unsettling.

Actually found some threarening voicemails on my FB account, and messages threatening me with legal action signed on behalf of the charity. Obvs have blocked, reported and spoken to a local garda,quite sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MuchoTrails

Looks like the drama continues with that Apollo lad.

Two lads left his club and set up group on Facebook called Dublin Trail Runners. He went and renamed one of his pages to same name and posted that they are affiliated. Lad is not right in the head.

Advertisement