Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rug cleaning

Options
  • 25-01-2019 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭

Folks. Can anyone recommend a company to do this. Don't have access to q car so hiring a rug doctor is out of the question and the rug is to big for a launderette unfortunately at 5ft by 3ft. Any suggestions as to how to get it cleaned or what company to get would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks. Can anyone recommend a company to do this. Don't have access to q car so hiring a rug doctor is out of the question and the rug is to big for a launderette unfortunately at 5ft by 3ft. Any suggestions as to how to get it cleaned or what company to get would be appreciated.
    Many years ago, I recall my wife getting a chap in from a carpet cleaning company to clean a rug. It was much larger than your one but I'm sure if you give any of the companies a call they'll advise you.

(Unless the rug is particularly expensive or of sentimental value, it may be cheaper just to buy a new one).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Did a Chinaman piss on it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*OP I've moved this to the Interior Design & Decoration forum, it's far better suited to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rymass

Depends how dirty your rug is, M-Power works pretty well. Though not sure if they sell it in smaller quanitities.

Otherwise some rug cleaning companies, in Dublin at least, that I know of are RugSpa and CleanMyRug.

All the best, Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

I recommend to check with the manufacturer, they can give good advice about cleaning :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement