Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online mart prices question.

• 31-05-2020 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is there a way of seeing last weeks marts prices anywhere online from Cork Marts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

jntsnk wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there a way of seeing last weeks marts prices anywhere online from Cork Marts?

Marteye I think are doing cork marts u probably need to register with the Mart itself to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jd_12345

Nope- you have to see it while its on. The prices arent recorded on Marteye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mattdhg

on livestock.ie you cant see specific prices per lot, but it does show by breed, eg AA even AAx. It goes back the last 2-3 weeks and gives the average €/kg price per week with a percentage up or down

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Watched Ennis mart online this morning for about an hour. A good 40 to 50% went to online bidders.
    I’d say the “games” around the ring have seen better days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Watched Ennis mart online this morning for about an hour. A good 40 to 50% went to online bidders.
    I’d say the “games” around the ring have seen better days...

Hopefully, they'll get a good dose
    On what platform did you see the bidding etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

lab man wrote: »
    Hopefully, they'll get a good dose
    On what platform did you see the bidding etc

I just googled Ennis mart live and found my way in that way.
    Had to register and so forth. Good system. Covid has changed how many things work. Not just for now but forever. Marts no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I presume most marts will use live and online bidding from now on or will most of them go back to the old days do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Tileman

I presume most marts will use live and online bidding from now on or will most of them go back to the old days do ye think?

Yea I think they will keep them. It would be great if they could show the stock in advance so you’d know if they had what you were looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Tileman wrote: »
    Yea I think they will keep them. It would be great if they could show the stock in advance so you’d know if they had what you were looking for
    Yes I would expect it to stay and working in conjunction with the "normal" mart. You are correct it would be good if they could run a short video of the cattle coming out of the chute after they are numbered. Carnaross Mart put video's of the cattle in the pens up on their Facebook page which is a bit of a help especially for the suck calves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

id Say if lads get caught out buying bad stock it might put them off the online buying. Buying by weight is grand but often the value is in buying the lighter lad with potential. He might not be as obvious through the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭morphy87

Cavanjack wrote: »
    id Say if lads get caught out buying bad stock it might put them off the online buying. Buying by weight is grand but often the value is in buying the lighter lad with potential. He might not be as obvious through the screen.

You are right in what you are saying, would you buy a tractor without see it in person? I wouldn’t, I reckon marts are going to have to be careful,most young people back our way don’t sell in Mart’s, and with the way things are at the moment if you were interested in buying you would be better off buying private, Mart’s could lose a lot of business

Advertisement