Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2000 & 1000 Guineas weekend 06/07 June

Options
  • 01-06-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

5 days to go and I still cant find a card for the 2000 Guineas.
    I see Pricewise had an Antepost selection in the RP today, anyone see what it was? As I've mentioned in previous threads, I don't think much of Aidans 3yo crop this year based on 2yo form so I'll be ruling out his. Hard to see past Pinatubo but I'd like to spot something at a big price. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

2,000 Guineas nominations: Al Suhail, Arizona, Cepheus, Juan Elcano, Kameko, Kenzai Warrior, Kinross, Military March, Mums Tipple, New World Tapestry, Persuasion, Pinatubo, Royal Dornoch, Starcat, Wichita

https://www.racingpost.com/news/classic-countdown/frankie-dettori-to-ride-for-ballydoyle-in-sundays-2000-guineas-at-newmarket/435594

Frankie Dettori and Ryan Moore to ride for Ballydoyle.

Aside from Pinatubo it's hard to enthuse too much about any one particular horse. With the brilliant weather in the last month or so it's possible that something in the pack is going to have bloomed by the day of the race,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭del roy

So wonderful getting backed for the Irish 1000g 13/2 with Paddys...and 20s with laddies for Newmarket.

Sorry meant to say....$h!t backed her for Newmarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The Racing Post predictor, the cartoon running of the race, has Kameko the winner by daylight, and Pinatubo not in the first six.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Gone for the obvious fav double in the 2 Guineas races
    Did Wichita ew also
    God its great to be back
    New found love for the flat!!

Newcastle was great, Kempton was great, but to see Yarmouth, on turf..... Glad the heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

New found love for the flat!!

Roger! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

He’s definitely not allowed be in charge of the Cheltenham countdown for next March now the Judas bastad!

Gavin ðŸ˜

Earendil wrote: »
    He’s definitely not allowed be in charge of the Cheltenham countdown for next March now the Judas bastad!

Look.... Its like giving up hooring for a year, then you go to Amsterdam and the girl in the window looks like Evelyn Cusack...
    Its not Siobhán Ryan, its not Siún ní Gearailt, but f**k it, its better than Martin King!
    . Take what you can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Like mums tipple, it’s second race last year was mighty impressive, was lame after finishing last of 7 in a group one after has a chance at 33s

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is there a Mod yet? Or still like the wild West here.

• Advertisement

stretchaq wrote: »
    Like mums tipple, it’s second race last year was mighty impressive, was lame after finishing last of 7 in a group one after has a chance at 33s

Interested that Hannon running him and not Threat?
    Relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Royal Dornoch all the way folks at 33s.

Cant believe the price difference between him and Kameko

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Interested that Hannon running him and not Threat?
    Relevant?

Possibly my worry would be can he stay 1m, but that’s always a worry isn’t it,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is there a Mod yet? Or still like the wild West here.

Story bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Mig wrote: »
    Story bud!

I see you're still a pleb like the rest of us!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    I see you're still a pleb like the rest of us!
    :pac:

Military March ew in the 2000 and Love in the 1000 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Royal Dornoch all the way folks at 33s.

Cant believe the price difference between him and Kameko

Hell be my pretty obvious selection in this as well. love horses that come back for more at the end of a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Honestly think anything close to even money is a cracking bet for Pinatubo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

BoldReason wrote: »
    Honestly think anything close to even money is a cracking bet for Pinatubo.

Probably right, and as much as i think royal dornach is value, Arizona seems very likely to be 2nd here, and i'm interested to see what price he'll be w/o. Arizona will be prepared with this in mind and should be rearing to go. anything over 7/2 would be a lovely price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

When posting your selections, please give as much information as possible to back up why you think this horse has a good chance.

Euro 100 Anthony Van Dyck at 9s (8/1) in the Coronation Cup.
    The ground should be fast and that suits him.

Ghaiyyath - can look impressive if allowed an easy lead. A few of his wins are abroad, Germany, Dubai. He has folded against top class horses.
    Has won once over 12f (in Germany).
    Has not run on firm ground. His dam won the Irish 1000 Guineas on heavy.

Stradivarius - has run 16 times at 14f to 20f since his only run at 12f (2nd). This is 12f.
    My guess is his target is the 20f Ascot Gold Cup and this is a prep for that.

Defoe - won this race last year at Epsom. Not many aged 6yo and older have won the race.
    Last year a St Leger winner was 2nd and the 3rd has a lifetime 3 wins from 27. Perhaps the race was not too competitive.

Anthony Van Dyck - has run 5 times without winning since his English Derby win.
    That Derby win was over half a second faster than Defoe's win the previous day on slightly slower ground.
    I will accept excuses for a few of those five losses:
    2nd by 6l to Sovereign ("soon led and made rest") in the Irish Derby (the winner got away from the field).
    10th of 11 to Enable on good/soft in the King Georg & QE II (trainers' rep said colt was unsuited by the ground on this occasion and would prefer a faster surface).
    Irish Champion Staked 3rd to Magical - lost to a very good 4yo filly, winner of four Group 1s.
    Breeders Cup Turf 3rd "not clear run and stumbled over 1f out"
    Honk Kong Vase 12th, drawn 12 of 14. 13th was drawn 11, 14th was drawn 13th.
    When I was looking at the runners for the 2019 Derby he won I noticed that the fastest average furlong times (race time/furlongs) were run by Anthon Van Dyck when a 2yo (7f twice).

Broome - difficult to assess. He has finished behind Anthony Van Dyck twice. His three lifetime wins were on Y/Sft, Sft, Gd/Y, and the ground tomorrow will probably be given as good/firm but will be firm.

Desert Encounter - has won two 12f Group 1s, the Canadian International at Woodwine twice (race ratings 117 and 111). His form is usually Group 3 level.

Alounak - four wins from 14 runs, those wins all 10f or less.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Euro 100 at 11s (10/1) on Arizona in the English 2000 Guineas

Pinatubo's form is 111111. His price is 5/6.
    That form is almost eight months old.
    Would you back a horse in November based on his win in March?
    If there is a negative to me about Pinatubo and Arizona it is they started running in early May 2019, and that suggests very early maturity.

• Advertisement

I take your last point but if they ran this race in November Pinatubo would be about 1/2.

The price is very fair for anyone who would want to take those sort of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

looking forward to seeing waldkonig that debut was frightening.

small double him and pinatubo at 3/1 for some interest.

Id hate to tip up every favorite but Sangarius at 7/4 seems a bit big. He is a group 1 winner in waiting for me and think he will start closer even money. Apart from the 2 godolphin horse which I'm not sure what to make of the rest are pretty much handicappers.
    Has to be a bet at 7/4

Trip too short for stradivarius lads?
    Some quality horses at big prices... AVD, Broome, Defoe
    French horse far too short for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

Stradivarius has one goal at mind and it's definitely not tomorrow. In two weeks time he will try to defend his Ascot Gold Cup crown. To me he is a definite lay. Can't see Frankie giving him a hard time here.

My nap for tomorrow is Dawaam at the 3:00 at Newmarket. Two starts two wins and very unexposed and looked good last time in Wolverhampton late last year after slowly getting into stride but finished very strongly. Jim Crowley on board is massive and while this is his first start on turf 14/1 looks very good value in a wide open race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Who wins the corona nation cup tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Brando tomorrow lads lump on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

'tis a quality field alright. Ghayyaith loves Good ground and is a long way clear of the bunch at this trip so his price seems fair to me, but those Godolphin yokes are hard to trust. It will be good to see how ready O'Brien's horses are at this stage of the season.

Ever since I didn't back Tiger Roll in the Boyne Hurdle at 25s, whenever I see a top class horse at a big price I have to go in....
    AVD @ 15/2 could be huge this time tomorrow........
    Derby winner, young class horse, Stradivarius at a trip not his ideal, Defoe hit and miss, French yoke obviously geeo but ran a shocker in the Arc...
    Look,I am reaching, but..... Pruce looks big to me

• Advertisement

Never wrote so much about a flat race in my life!

Advertisement