Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

More birds and recordings of birds....magpies this time....prime radio this is zzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭urgelgru

STFU about Matt Damon though.

urgelgru wrote: »

Only a week left before he goes, time to go into panic mode and really rummage through his garbage to see if he bought any more supervalu brand jam maybe? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

urgelgru wrote: »

It's embarrassing. Ireland used to be a place where we didn't get overly excited about the presence of a 'celebrity' in our midst. Or if we did it was mentioned in a quiet, dignified way. Darcy can barely hold it together when talking to Christy Moore. Imagine how he would have been had he scooped the Damon interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ha hah ha ha hah ha ha hah ha....I know...... schluuuurpppp. Oye know......hahahahahahahah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Why was Jim Sheridan ranting on about Ian Bailey earlier, didn't catch the full gist of it, but was an f-bomb lobbed in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Plays a recording of a hedge trimmer I er an Nuacht.

Worse than useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

After speaking to Ray for twenty minutes here is the laptop their sales representative suggested.

5a7301e12d659f33e4b38d43-large.jpg?cache_buster=86223ffd472df2de18657d9f4df40d1e

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ray is just after telling us how big a gobsh1te he is

And seems resigned to the fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

BPKS wrote: »
    Ray is just after telling us how big a gobsh1te he is

And seems resigned to the fact

I'd say Conor Pope is at home facepalming in the knowledge that this will end up in his lap now.

• Advertisement

Who forks out for a laptop and then looks up reviews afterwards.

Some coin like D’Arcy?

Jaysus.... four crash in attempts by D’Arcy on Michael Harding.

Jaysus...... on a wedge north of €400k.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

D'Arcy doesn't know how to insert a photo into a word document.

No wonder he continuously makes a balls of the buttons.

Anther mess up of the buttons, as common as the hourly news at this stage.

....and still talking about magpies.....zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Seriously this has gone beyond a joke now
    For 500 grand a year he treats that job like a work experience job
    I think a strongly worded complaint letter to Dee is a must at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seriously this has gone beyond a joke now
    For 500 grand a year he treats that job like a work experience job
    I think a strongly worded complaint letter to Dee is a must at this stage

Wasting your time.....he is one of several woefully inept broadcasters. RTE refuse to see it.

Get a piece of cardboard and write a stiff letter!!

Seriously, absolutely no point writing in there.

Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wouldn't using social media to illustrate Ray's absolute incompetence do a better job than say writing a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

ray buttons darcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Field east

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wouldn't using social media to illustrate Ray's absolute incompetence do a better job than say writing a letter?

How to make a one and a half hour programme. Talk about doing/ making something eg sour dough, nettle soup. Start off about how you are going to start. The ingredients you used, the mistakes you made, how you started again. Reading oout texts from listeners giving advice/ there experience. Try yet again to have another go at making product, time for ads and that dreaded Nuacht.
    Product did not turn out too bad. So we will do it again
    . The nettle soup was a classic. He Went out to get nettles and ‘saw’ dog, Fox, badger , giraffe, elephant pee on every nettle. So he picked none. Said that he is determined to pick some. There must be a lot of Irish Wolfhounds in kildare that have a very good reach to be able to ‘spray up to the tops of your typical nettle. These animals must have a great capacity to ‘ spray’ from a distance because any clump of nettles I see are not walked on by dogs , etc, walking through them. By the time the soup is eventually made I am sure that there will be many more challenges to be met , eg distance from nearby fields being sprayed, distance from roads. Possibility of human(male) pee which has a ‘greater reach’ than the average dog, etc, etc, etc,
    And what does he get paid again for such profound information?

Ray was interrogating the poor lad at the HSE stand, breaking down his CV in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Field east wrote: »
    The nettle soup was a classic. He Went out to get nettles and ‘saw’ dog, Fox, badger , giraffe, elephant pee on every nettle. So he picked none.

Given the amount of sh!te that comes out of his mouth, a bit of pee would be nothing.

How many more times do we have to hear about Christy's father's death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

He did a very good interview with Brenda Fricker yesterday. Well, she was very good anyway. You can't really do a bad interview with Brenda Fricker. At one point, she slagged him for his bored "huh" response to something she said. He needs to be called out for that habit a lot more.

He did a very good interview with Brenda Fricker yesterday. Well, she was very good anyway. You can't really do a bad interview with Brenda Fricker. At one point, she slagged him for his bored "huh" response to something she said. He needs to be called out for that habit a lot more.

Lookit, nothing personal but that interview on Ray’s side was probably the most excruciating I ever half listened to.

Staccato delivery, backing out of stuff, trying to deny stuff he said.... terrible.

When will they figure out the lad can’t do this kind of stuff.

Killed it half way through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Lookit, nothing personal but that interview on Ray’s side was probably the most excruciating I ever half listened to.

Staccato delivery, backing out of stuff, trying to deny stuff he said.... terrible.

When will they figure out the lad can’t do this kind of stuff.

Killed it half way through.

Did he not offer her a bowl or purridge or at least a recipe for same?

Did he not offer her a bowl or purridge or at least a recipe for same?

No, but he had a childish exchange with a van driver in the middle of it.

If I was Brenda I would have stood up and told him to f**k off out my space and interview the van driver if that’s what he was most comfortable at.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Is she a 'national treasure' ? That's how he introduced her but i wonder was it only to 'big up' his programme and himself. Does she even live in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Listening to her gently calling him out on his nonsense was an absolute joy.
    bobbyss wrote: »
    Is she a 'national treasure' ? That's how he introduced her but i wonder was it only to 'big up' his programme and himself. Does she even live in Ireland?

I'd say she'd hate to be described as a national treasure, but she did win an Oscar. And yes, she lives in Dublin 8.

Advertisement