Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrap car value?

Options
  • 30-05-2020 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

I have a 2003 petrol open astra which is just about driving, how much is it worth for scrap. Someone told me that the engine gear box and a few other parts is worth a few quid.

Anyone know how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,387 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Somewhere between €50-€100.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

There has been a few threads on this topic in the last 3-4 weeks. It seems the price of scrap has gone through the floor recently.
    Try cartake back.com to give you a ball park. Car dismantler might take it as well but you would have to drive it to them to get anything reasonable.
    Be worth more to someone as a donor car.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

€50 pre lockdown but with the price of scrap now 0 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I was "offered" 30e for a perfectly working Taxed/NCT car from one of those sites. I'd rather drive it into a tree than give it to them for that little.

28 euro was what I was offered for 2004 Mercedes e class last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I was "offered" 30e for a perfectly working Taxed/NCT car from one of those sites. I'd rather drive it into a tree than give it to them for that little.

They are offering you the value of the car, if it was worth more you wouldn't be driving it into a tree.

The world is in a depression following Corvid-19 and the value of scrap is only going down. We could be back to paying for disposal of end of life vehicles soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I got 100 euro for a non driving Peugeot 406 earlier this year which I was just delighted to get rid of. Cartakeback.com

Sat up for 5 years so happy to get rid and get a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Fire service would be a good place as they use for training.

Sent a primera off to them.

Advertisement