Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isolation Switch Stuck On Position

Options
  • 29-05-2020 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

For the Tritton Shower Unit the isolation switch is stuck on the on position and there is no light shown on the adjacent red neon and the shower won't turn on.

Would the isolation switch unit need to be replaced?

It is 45A/250V

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Retro.

Probably yes

Is it a wall switch or pullcord

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Retro. wrote: »
    Probably yes

Is it a wall switch or pullcord

A wall switch.

Prob just the switch

Better to get an electrician , check the rcd/rcbo and the shower , could be burnt cabling at the switch too

Prob just the switch

Better to get an electrician , check the rcd/rcbo and the shower , could be burnt cabling at the switch too

Thanks.

The rcd was in the on position at the fusebox. I turned that off and took out the isolation switch. The steel strip behind the red on off switch was loose when I unscrew the back of it. No burn indication.

I'll buy a new isolation switch in the morning and install it. If still not working I'll phone a electrician.

Note: additional information for original post. Yesterday when the isolation switch was stuck in the on position the neon light could be on or off if I press slightly on the switch. Today the light was on. Then tried the shower. It didn't power on. Checked the switch and there was no light.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks.

The rcd was in the on position at the fusebox. I turned that off and took out the isolation switch. The steel strip behind the red on off switch was loose when I unscrew the back of it. No burn indication.

I'll buy a new isolation switch in the morning and install it. If still not working I'll phone a electrician.

Note: additional information for original post. Yesterday when the isolation switch was stuck in the on position the neon light could be on or off if I press slightly on the switch. Today the light was on. Then tried the shower. It didn't power on. Checked the switch and there was no light.

Ya i meant the electrician check the rcd and shower

Switches fail but it's better to check everything when replacing it

• Advertisement

Shower switches failing is mainly down to

Poor quality switches

Bad fitting of switches

Constant switching on/off

Ya i meant the electrician check the rcd and shower

Switches fail but it's better to check everything when replacing it

Ah ok thanks.

Hopefully it is only the switch. Considering bank holiday weekend, I'll go with the switch and see then.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Poor quality switches

Bad fitting of switches

Exactly

Poor quality switches

Bad fitting of switches

The shower unit was installed over 10 years ago. This is the first time it got stuck on the on position. The switch would have been turned on and off at most once a day

Advertisement