Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thanks to Irish music radio

• 28-05-2020 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

...and to all involved in night-time music radio. The good stuff usually doesn't happen 'til after 8pm, but then it kicks off. I won't name any particular programme, station, or DJ, but there is choice, variety and even a daring spirit on Irish night-time music radio. I lived abroad, I travelled widely around the globe, and believe you me, no place has such a wide variety of music and such dedication to it on the airwaves. I'm just listening in again tonight and switching between stations, from eclectic to storming mad, old rare stuff, rebellious rock and just simple balm for the soul, latest ****e - they've got it all.
    A big THANKS to all involved in late music radio for keeping the music and the spirits up in these mad times. Anyone knows a better place for night-time music radio bliss ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

watlantic wrote: »
    ...and to all involved in night-time music radio. The good stuff usually doesn't happen 'til after 8pm, but then it kicks off. I won't name any particular programme, station, or DJ, but there is choice, variety and even a daring spirit on Irish night-time music radio. I lived abroad, I travelled widely around the globe, and believe you me, no place has such a wide variety of music and such dedication to it on the airwaves. I'm just listening in again tonight and switching between stations, from eclectic to storming mad, old rare stuff, rebellious rock and just simple balm for the soul, latest ****e - they've got it all.
    A big THANKS to all involved in late music radio for keeping the music and the spirits up in these mad times. Anyone knows a better place for night-time music radio bliss ?

You could try the Radio Garden app as well. It has hundreds of stations around the world (Ireland included), with a large portion being online only stations. Every conceivable type of music should be catered for there.

http://radio.garden/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

watlantic wrote: »

Agree completely. Evening radio here is very good on all national stations. Complete contrast to the daytime fare on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Barring BBC and in particular BBC's 1 and 6, the UK radio is a shadow of what it once was. Only this week Bauer Media announced that they will, ahem, rebrand 40 stations into their Hits and Greatest Hits. Irish radio, as corny as it can be at times, is a long way off this and that's even with a few attempts of consolidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭watlantic

Just got treated to a rare 70's track: 'Vitamin C', on Today FM. Quality !!!

Advertisement