Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Income tax return question

• 26-05-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

So ive been gathering up some health expenses from the last couple years got registered for the revenue online system to try claim some of them back.

I see a small list of tax credits like Personal Tax credit, employee tax credit with Gross amounts beside them.
    It doesnt let me complete my tax return without selecting them...

My question is...how do i know if im entitled to them?.... I admit my knowledge of the irish taxation system is pathetic but i always assumed that any tax credits i was entitled to were applied to my wages

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

jobless wrote: »
    So ive been gathering up some health expenses from the last couple years got registered for the revenue online system to try claim some of them back.

I see a small list of tax credits like Personal Tax credit, employee tax credit with Gross amounts beside them.
    It doesnt let me complete my tax return without selecting them...

My question is...how do i know if im entitled to them?.... I admit my knowledge of the irish taxation system is pathetic but i always assumed that any tax credits i was entitled to were applied to my wages

Everybody is entitled to the Personal tax credit.

Employees are entitled to the Employee tax credit.

They very likely were already applied to your wages, yes, but here you are confirming that you are entitled to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Geuze wrote: »
    Everybody is entitled to the Personal tax credit.

Employees are entitled to the Employee tax credit.

They very likely were already applied to your wages, yes, but here you are confirming that you are entitled to them.

thanks for your reply.... how would i know if they were already applied though?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

jobless wrote: »
    thanks for your reply.... how would i know if they were already applied though?...

You would check your Certificate of Tax credits.

Or you would look at your payslip, and examine the tax credits on the payslip.

Advertisement