Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party Krakow recommendations

Options
  • 11-10-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

There is a group of us going to Krakow next Feb or March for a stag. Numbers aren't cemented yet.

I'd guess about 15 of us will go, looking at 2 nights, possibly the Friday 1st, and Sat 2nd March.

Accommodation wise, has anyone a good recommendations from past experience for a reasonably priced base where we could walk from etc.
    I've done some searches but would like to hear from someone who has been recently enough,

Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

piobhan wrote: »
    There is a group of us going to Krakow next Feb or March for a stag. Numbers aren't cemented yet.

I'd guess about 15 of us will go, looking at 2 nights, possibly the Friday 1st, and Sat 2nd March.

Accommodation wise, has anyone a good recommendations from past experience for a reasonably priced base where we could walk from etc.
    I've done some searches but would like to hear from someone who has been recently enough,

Any info appreciated

I was there twice this year and also once around 3 years ago.

It could be cold so check the weather before flying out and bring the right clothing.

As regards accommodation, areas around the main square are pricey but if you don't mind being 15-20 minutes walking from the centre, the Kazimierz area is fairly good value. It's the old Jewish ghetto but it's quite lively and booze is cheap (€1.50 - €2.00). Plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants around there. It's also near the castle (Wawel) and the river from where you can either drink on parked boats or take short cruises.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Daveno

To be honest since Krakow is a compact city everything is at hand (bars, clubs, strip clubs)- just make sure you stay within the Old Town area (Main Market area or neighbouring Kazimierz district). The nightlife is very vibrant - 7 days a week you've got loads of students partying. When it comes to accommodation plenty to choose from, but not all are suited for stag groups. My recommendation of accommodation would be Draggo in Golebia street - used to work there, and apart from being stag friendly they also run a great cocktail garden and karaoke bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gregzon

Hi Guys,

I am planning to visit Krakow when they unfreeze everything... probably August/September.

Do you have any nightlife recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Daveno

gregzon wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to visit Krakow when they unfreeze everything... probably August/September.

Do you have any nightlife recommendations?

Depends on what you are looking for ? Krakow's nightlife scene is very vibrant, though there will surely be some changes after Covid, as many places will go bust. That said a couple of recommendations:

- Shine club (https://krakow.shineclub.com.pl/klub )- definitely the biggest one in Krakow, nice VIP lodge and decent prices

- Prozak- legendary club especially if you're into electro music (https://www.facebook.com/ProzakDwaZero/ )

- Coco (http://www.clubcoco.pl/en/) - good R'n'b tunes and well mixed clientele

When it comes to bars the urban legend says there is over 400 within the city center area split between Main Market and Kazimierz district. Kazimierz is said to be more for locals though in my opinion it's nontheless very international.
    Have a look here https://partykrakow.co.uk/partypedia/krakow-bars-kazimierz-pub-crawl for more info

Advertisement