Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a cabinet-maker for TV unit?

Options
  • 11-05-2020 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi there,

I know there have been a few similar threads over the years, but I've done a search and they all seem to be old.

Looking to have a custom-made TV/media unit made for our sitting room, spanning the length of one wall. No alcove. Open shelves and space for the TV to be wall-mounted on top, closed cupboards below for storage.

Has anyone had any similar work done, or can recommend someone in the Dublin area?

Attaching a few pics here of what I mean.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Ed Kenny carpentry has some lovely designs, Dublin based. They put a cabinet up in a friend's house and it looks very well.

Their Facebook page is very active and has lots of pictures for inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Liam Mulhall in Lucan does this type of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

wait4me wrote: »
    Liam Mulhall in Lucan does this type of work.

Thanks a mil.

Impossible to get a reply from Ed Kenny, but they're great at posting on social media! :rolleyes:

Thanks a mil.

Impossible to get a reply from Ed Kenny, but they're great at posting on social media! :rolleyes:

Fair enough, I can only speak to the quality / finish of the work!

GingerLily wrote: »
    Fair enough, I can only speak to the quality / finish of the work!

His work is fabulous and exactly what I'm after, he just won't get back to me! Thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement

His work is fabulous and exactly what I'm after, he just won't get back to me! Thanks anyway :)

Id recommend sending him your number, if your still interested

GingerLily wrote: »
    Id recommend sending him your number, if your still interested

I have :)

Thanks a mil.

He'll get back to you eventually. Send him a pic of what you want and the length of the wall and he'll send you a price. He's been swamped with enquiries during lockdown. Some of his feature walls and library walls are beautiful.

That first feature wall in white is beautiful by the way. I'm getting something very similar built, but by a guy in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Dancinpants, could you pm me the name of the guy in Cork who is doing your unit, please? Looking for something similar.

He'll get back to you eventually. Send him a pic of what you want and the length of the wall and he'll send you a price. He's been swamped with enquiries during lockdown. Some of his feature walls and library walls are beautiful.

That first feature wall in white is beautiful by the way. I'm getting something very similar built, but by a guy in Cork.

I did all of those things. He eventually got back to me yesterday with two wildly differing quotes for the same thing (one sent via email, one via FB) so I'm out, as they say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

J Smyth Studios Cabinet Makers and Designers Ltd.
    1a Stoneview Place, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
     Telephone: 280 7282
     Email: jsmythstudios@gmail.com

I did all of those things. He eventually got back to me yesterday with two wildly differing quotes for the same thing (one sent via email, one via FB) so I'm out, as they say!

That's not good. Must have different people doing quotes.

Advertisement