Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising the walls of a "Kellys" timber shed

Options
  • 11-05-2020 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭

Have to move a timber shed which need some repairs on it and I had the notion of increasing the wall height by say 8"s
    The uprights are c. 40 mm square so wonder should I just remove the existing sole plate/bottom rail and splice onto the uprights and put on a new sole plate/ bottom rail or could I build the framework in advance and just screw them on when I take it down, and say screw a 2' high strip of OSB over the join to give it some strength.

Just thinking about it now, could do it on the top section either, which is in good condition

Anyone one do this?
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Building a framed panel to fit on top sounds the way to go.

But if you have to repair the bottom section anyway, might be an option too.

If adding a top section panel creates more work for roof connections, then go bottom.

Its much of a muchness really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

kadman wrote: »
    Building a framed panel to fit on top sounds the way to go.

But if you have to repair the bottom section anyway, might be an option too.

If adding a top section panel creates more work for roof connections, then go bottom.

Its much of a muchness really.

Actually just remembered that the two gables are one piece A's so has to be bottom
    :(

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement