Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is allowed to use blues and twos?

Options
  • 21-01-2020 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭

is this not restricted to emergency vehicles only? There was a Lifeline ambulance going southbound on the m50 this with blues and twos on. What emergency work do they do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

is this not restricted to emergency vehicles only? There was a Lifeline ambulance going southbound on the m50 this with blues and twos on. What emergency work do they do?

It's just privately owned, that's all. It's still an ambulance service.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's just privately owned, that's all. It's still an ambulance service.

yes but blues and twos are meant to only be used in emergency situations. what emergency situations are they involved in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

https://www.lifeline.ie/
    "The Largest Ambulance Operator in Ireland"

I recon, transferring people in dire need of medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lifeline do organ transfer and transplant team transfer as well as patient transfer of critically ill patients.
    All fairly conducive to needing blues and twos on occasion, I'd think?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks for the replies. I thought they only did intermediate care transports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Thanks for the replies. I thought they only did intermediate care transports.

Any PHECC accredited ambulance service is allowed to use blue lights as outlined by section 87 of the road traffic act.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2014/act/3/section/23/enacted/en/html
    Also, even intermediate care transfers can be emergencies!

Advertisement