Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of year again... Christmas party season

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Mine's tomorrow night.
    I will be 1000 miles away.
    Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ours is on next Saturday, they have it in the city this year so we will hit the pubs first before going to the hotel, don't get much out of our employer so will make the most of the the free meal and booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ours is on next Saturday, they have it in the city this year so we will hit the pubs first before going to the hotel, don't get much out of our employer so will make the most of the the free meal and booze.

Hotel?

Ooof that's a bad idea. No good can come of work parties in a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

these parties are used as a convenient way to suss out the new guy before he's made permanent. as a new lad i'll have to be fierce careful altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The company wide Christmas party has died off in my place. We have department do's now and they're much better. Just invite anyone from outside your team that you get on with and away you go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Fckn lightweights, I remember for the Christmas break up when I was working in a country estate as a gardener and the estate manager would come down to us and the gamekeepers with a few bottles of the hard sthuff...

Wed lay into it then meet up with the horsy ladies and chanbermaids and head to the village pub, get absolutely **** faced and back to the gate lodge for a party that would last until the following afternoon.
    Then off to the doctor for the morning after pill, that was the bit I hated.

None of your pompous suits, Christmas jumpers or chinos...

Just wolly jumpers, barbor jackets and working tweed trousers...
    Old money **** we were, and proud of it for sure.
    Shower of tossers getting smashed at his lordship's leisure.
    I remember the last piss up before my eviction lol
    Back to the quite life in Clare now, and off all the hooch and drugs 17 years this Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Old money ****?

Shower of tossers?

His lordship’s leisure?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mine's on tonight.

I'm at home hoovering up lines, getting ready to go out, meeting up at 8 with the lads, few pints before heading in to the party after the stupid games are over.

Not really, I'm planning to show up for an acceptable amount of time, before heading home. Noone is arsed for the party tonight, the christmas spirit just isn't there.

Mine is tomorrow night. Similar attitude, do the rounds that enough people know you were there. Working night shifts this week which diminishes the festive spirit even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I always go to the Christmas Party. I like the meal part, bit of fun, hang around for a half an hour after drink in hand, and sidle off to the loo and go home.

No one cares or notices. Sorry now, I just cannot do forced jollity at all. Some of us are quiet individuals (but nice and jolly just the same), but I for one cannot do the whole night. But each to their own and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Giblet wrote: »
    It's great, leave early from work as the party gets going early... and go home because who the feck hangs around with their colleagues?

Given you'd spend a fair chunk of your life with your colleagues I'd imagine most people want to stay sane would make the effort.

• Advertisement

Given you'd spend a fair chunk of your life with your colleagues I'd imagine most people want to stay sane would make the effort.

I think the poster meant that it is difficult to party with those you work with every day. I agree. A little bit of festive fun with them is fine, and then I'm off. Do you think anyone would care whether I stayed or left? Not a chance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Great time of the year. Heap of pints, Christmas jumper, couple of sneaky lines in the jacks, bit of dancing, excellent chance of getting the ride.

All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Haven't gone for a few years but heading along this year. They're usually quite sedate affairs in our job: just dinner and a few drinks. I'll only stick around til about 10 or so.

Spanish -

this year - for a change - go out and stay out til the bitter end. Make a new change. New attitude. You will reap the rewards over the coming year.

Come back and let us know how it worked for u.

You’re welcome :)

LOL I have done this for more than twenty years.

It's OK, I survived and am happy out. No one cares really, they are too busy looking at themselves and getting rat ar$ed. I know this :P

And I am happy to get home before the mayhem. Each to their own now surely. At least I made the effort to join in for three hours or so. Then I get itchy feet and off I go. I don't think I miss out on anything really, so am good to go!

Each to their own now....

LOL I have done this for more than twenty years.

It's OK, I survived and am happy out. No one cares really, they are too busy looking at themselves and getting rat ar$ed. I know this :P

And I am happy to get home before the mayhem. Each to their own now surely. At least I made the effort to join in for three hours or so. Then I get itchy feet and off I go. I don't think I miss out on anything really, so am good to go!

Each to their own now....

If you stayed to the bitter end for 20 years then fair enough

From the previous post it seemed that you were slipping off early and you thought nobody noticed. Ppl always notice these things usually in an innocuous way

They’d never say it to your face but you can be sure it was copped and banked for the year. Don’t shoot the messenger :/ That’s the way of the world unfortunately.

If you stayed to the bitter end for 20 years then fair enough

From the previous post it seemed that you were slipping off early and you thought nobody noticed. Ppl always notice these things usually in an innocuous way

They’d never say it to your face but you can be sure it was copped and banked for the year. Don’t shoot the messenger :/ That’s the way of the world unfortunately.

Can’t beat an Irish goodbye. Tell whoever that you’re heading for a piss and send a text from the taxi - sorted.

Sometimes it just has to be done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Still going, somehow...

;)

Advertisement