Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's get it out of the way.

Options
  • 31-08-2003 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

First post.

W00t, and all that.

fanfare.jpg

Now, back on topic, here's a haiku:

Underneath the black,
    Teddy wants to be set free.
    Sarky, soft like snow.

And here, another:

Like the first spring bud,
    My spam grows very quickly.
    I got the first post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well done Sarky sir
    Me wanted to have first post
    But you got it bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's not a haiku!
    Lacking punctuation and
    season, such as spring.

Terribly sorry,
    not expert I am at this.
    I like cake when fall.

{Blatant Dom Jolly voice }

Good evening ladies and Gentlemen...

{Blatant dom jolly loud music....}

And I'd like to present my poem...
    It's called Blah...I hope you like it...

Blah, blah Blah.....

repeat by 1000

{end of jolly imitation }

mm

It was at 10:43 when Gordon suddenly realised the terrifying consequence of the creation of the Creative Writing board on www.boards.ie. A time that would stand out as a focal point in many people's lives. A glimmer of wind shocked through the hedgerow outside. Gordon knew he had to do something.

It began some clicks in time ago when the user now known as 'Yoda' began his quest for alphabetisation on planet Earth in the beginning of the 3rd Millenium AD, or as Yoda would say - Milleniums. And as some others would say - 2nd Millenium. Gordon heard the crying wind, the shrieking wind, the cataclysmically awestruck wind cry out 5 distorted words...

"CREATIVE... WRITING..... NOT.... ALPHABETISED.... WOOOOOOO"

SPLAP went Gordon's hand onto his slightly good looking forehead. SPLOSH went the tea from the mug he was holding in his right hand onto his boyish visage. He felt it gush over his warm sultry body and the final drips drip drip onto his now sopped jumper. Just as well I don't take sugar he internally laughed hoping that no-one would hear. He looked around the padded iron bars and confirmed that he hadn't been overheard.

He knew that he had to do something, he had to alert the Admin to the awful truth that existed. Creative Writing is above Art/Animation on the drop down forum jump menu? How can this be possible when Boards has been alphabetised? But was he to alert Yoda to this blatant erring of his law? Was he to stir the den of wasps, the hive of librarian-like logicalityness? It became too much for Gordon to take. As a high pitched whine cranked up, piercing the air ever thinner seeming, tightened by the piercing pitch emanating from Gordon's brain, all entities around him shuddered. The empty tea mug jostled the keyboard for room on the desk... wheeeeeeeeeEeeEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE went his brain as the feedback loop of uncertainty became higher and louder, higher and louder until SPLIP imploded his brain and he fell onto the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I like to rhyme
    but not all the time
    I'm getting woozy
    And also snoozy
    Time for bed
    And to leave this thread.

Splashed milk from the cornflakes on the screen as I type
    So easy to clean with just one wipe
    Tasty they are at any time of day
    Even at work when earning my pay
    Here comes the Boss with a very sour face
    meaning I too leave this thread or he's on my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ah good, a creative writing board... But what *IS* creative writing? Surely all writing requires some spark of imagination and hence is "creative"... surely all writing is indeed a creation and hence again "creative"...

Surely we need a philosophy board for people like me to ponder nonsense.

Advertisement