Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property tax

Options
  • 22-11-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Really silly question here, is up to solicitor engineer to inform council that a self build is now occupied to register for LPT?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

No.

It's yours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Really silly question here, is up to solicitor engineer to inform council that a self build is now occupied to register for LPT?

Thanks in advance

The Building Owner is responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

I thought new builds werent liable for LPT until there is a new valuation date?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

arctictree wrote: »
    I thought new builds werent liable for LPT until there is a new valuation date?

Liability vs registration are two different things

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Self build completed 2014. When Will This build become liable for property Tax. How do you even register? I have been trying on the website for years and haven't managed it yet. I know that self builds were exempt but it seems impossible to register,
    I enter my pps number and select income tax from the drop down and get this.
    "Your request for a Property ID and PIN cannot be processed using this PPSN/Tax Reference Number. Please refer to the 'Help me with this page' function. Alternatively, please contact LPT Branch on 01 7383626 for further assistance."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Self build completed 2014. When Will This build become liable for property Tax. How do you even register? I have been trying on the website for years and haven't managed it yet. I know that self builds were exempt but it seems impossible to register,
    I enter my pps number and select income tax from the drop down and get this.
    "Your request for a Property ID and PIN cannot be processed using this PPSN/Tax Reference Number. Please refer to the 'Help me with this page' function. Alternatively, please contact LPT Branch on 01 7383626 for further assistance."

Did you find a solution to this. I am getting the same message

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Liability vs registration are two different things

Is there an issue if you don't register? I had thought as I wasn't liable to pay then I didn't have to do anything yet.
    My accountant hadn't mentioned anything to me either, while paying for another property I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

you need to send the PPS of the person paying the LPT and a copy of your cert of completion to:

LPT Branch
    PO Box1
    Limerick.

Its free post. the revenue dept that deals with LPT is in limerick. I was on to them the other day. I moved into my house in 2018 and yer man tells me I'm not due to pay until 2021 but I can register now and get my pin etc etc

Frogeye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

Frogeye wrote: »
    you need to send the PPS of the person paying the LPT and a copy of your cert of completion to:

LPT Branch
    PO Box1
    Limerick.

Its free post. the revenue dept that deals with LPT is in limerick. I was on to them the other day. I moved into my house in 2018 and yer man tells me I'm not due to pay until 2021 but I can register now and get my pin etc etc

Frogeye

If you don’t have a cert of completion are you off the hook?

Advertisement