Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid west trails..

Options
  • 17-10-2019 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi.
    Am new to MTB – fairly addictive, so…
    I’m living in Limerick and have been to Ballyhoura a few times. I‘ve been googling information on more trails in the area, namely Cratloe woods, Keeper hill, two mile gate (near UL activity center) that would be closer to me. However very limited information seems to be available on these trails, so I’d appreciate advice on these trails, or point me in the direction of this info.
    Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

MBUL have an active club as far as i know - they would know all those trails that you mention - try getting in touch with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I was doing a lot of MTBing about 10 years ago and there were some cracking trails in Cratloe.
    A lot of them have been cleared by coillte but I was up there walking recently and stumbled across a few serious downhill type trails. (Think full face helmet and body armour ), so there’s obviously been a bit of activity building some since!
    I think there is a heatmap function in Strava it might help locate them.
    I wouldn’t mind spending some time up there myself with someone to show me where they all are now!

BTW since your in limerick there is a cyclocross event in green mount next weekend... there is a B race that I think anyone can race on a MTB.

Advertisement