Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doner kebab sauce?

• 23-10-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

What is the name of that reddish/pinkish/orangey colured sauce what you commonly get on doner kebabs here?

Its lovely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Chilli sauce.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

http://www.bigoven.com/161220-Donair-Sauce-recipe.html
    its called donair sauce, but i know Some like it hot in Dublin just use bog standard Marie Rose sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There's chilli sauce, (its red) and there's also garlic sauce (that's white).
    When they mix it forms that pinky drippy magic you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

It's called drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I guess the only real way to find out is when i get the perfect kebab again (not every chipper uses that sauce) is to drop the left over miserable sauce soaked wrapper of the kebab to a lab for examination haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I guess the only real way to find out is when i get the perfect kebab again (not every chipper uses that sauce) is to drop the left over miserable sauce soaked wrapper of the kebab to a lab for examination haha.

I don't think you can ever make a sauce like that taste the same at home, just try out a few variations of peoples suggestions and you might hit something you like, or just go buy a kebab when you fancy it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I know the sauce you're talking about. The good old kebab sauce from years ago. Nyom nyom. I'm lucky that I know where to find an amazing kebab with this sauce.
    I'm always trekking for a great kebab and where I get these are amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

A quick way to make the red hot sauce:
    Tomato Ketchup + a few drops of TABASCO red pepper sauce

Have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I feckin' love my kebabs big time but I'm yet to find a top quality one in this country. The turks are the kebab daddy's but it's a bit like chippers - ever get a good chipper in Venice? All the good chipper dudes are here! Same as that, best kebabs I've had were in Germany and Belgium, made by Turk dudes. The key to a good kebab is not the sauce. It's good thick flat bread that your meat don't fall out of and also the meat must be sheared waifo style not hacked off the spit with a knife. Personally I like this topped off with a cool garlic mayo and dried chilli - legend!

ShayK1 wrote: »
    There's chilli sauce, (its red) and there's also garlic sauce (that's white).
    When they mix it forms that pinky drippy magic you're talking about.

your dead right, I got a kebab this evenin (sober and all) from a chipper that uses the sauce I like and it is infact garlic and chili sauce mixed. Happy times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's a mix of Ketchup and Mayonaise - nothing special about it at all

your dead right, I got a kebab this evenin (sober and all) from a chipper that uses the sauce I like and it is infact garlic and chili sauce mixed. Happy times.

Glad to help. As my g/f says... I'm a connoisseur of fast-food.
    It's just so damn tastey.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It's a mix of Ketchup and Mayonaise - nothing special about it at all

its garlic and chillie sauce. that is special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Can we name the nice kebab houses please?

Mine's in carlow so its of no use to you Ms. Dub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

The Turkish place just up from McDonalds on the Konigstrasse in Stuttgart. Can't remember the name, but the best I've ever had! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bob1970

this wimmens knows her cars, is smokin hawt and likes kebabs?does she wear an apron?

ill be in the corner for some alone time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 manon

sauce is including tomato pepper butter water and some spicery
    mix of them and boiled

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

LolaDub wrote: »
    Can we name the nice kebab houses please?

Some Like It Hot in drumcondra.Get the kebab in a box,it has more meat than the pitta version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Going to get a Donar Kebab within the next hour. Any good recommendations where i can get the best one in Dublin with real lamb?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Going to get a Donar Kebab within the next hour. Any good recommendations where i can get the best one in Dublin with real lamb?

Are you suggesting there actaully real lamb in these things? You jest sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Saw how the proper ones are made on Discovery one day. The good ones are actually good quality meat. Dunno about your average Irish one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Was in Babylon (I think it's called) on Camden street. about 8.50 for a delicious doner, quality chips and can of coke. Ba da da da da, I was lovin it. . . . . . . . . . . . after a skinful of drink. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

What is the name of that reddish/pinkish/orangey colured sauce what you commonly get on doner kebabs here?

Its lovely.

Kevin

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Zaytoon on parliament street is top of the kebab shops around dublin city centre for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Nicest kebab sauce ever is from Zaytoon on Parliment St.

They seperate the garlic and chilli sauce but when you mix it together its just GORGEOUS... Nyom nyom nyom...

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Zaytoon on parliament street is top of the kebab shops around dublin city centre for me

Sorry man, should of read your post before posting mine,.. Still, at least we agree....:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Cathooo wrote: »
    I don't think you can ever make a sauce like that taste the same at home, just try out a few variations of peoples suggestions and you might hit something you like, or just go buy a kebab when you fancy it ;)

You probably could, but you'd just have to be after having a feed of beer when tasting it to make sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Was in Babylon (I think it's called) on Camden street. about 8.50 for a delicious doner, quality chips and can of coke. Ba da da da da, I was lovin it. . . . . . . . . . . . after a skinful of drink. :)

That's a great spot. Although they don't do lamb shawarmas, only doner meat.
    And Iskanders is looks like its open again or nearly there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

francosp wrote: »
    Sorry man, should of read your post before posting mine,.. Still, at least we agree....:D:D

How could anybody disagree when it comes to zaytoons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I like my Donar kebabs all shaved up, last thing you want is any kind of sauce on it!

Advertisement