Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sign manufacturer for entrance to an estate

• 03-12-2019 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭

hi all

we want to get some signs made up for the entrance to our estate, something smart that will have the name and the fact its a private property parking for residents only.

any recommendations on designs and where i could something made up?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cyrus wrote: »
    hi all

we want to get some signs made up for the entrance to our estate, something smart that will have the name and the fact its a private property parking for residents only.

any recommendations on designs and where i could something made up?

Will the Estate ever be taken in charge by the Local Authority?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

kceire wrote: »
    Will the Estate ever be taken in charge by the Local Authority?

no it wont be, its private and that was a condition of planning.

no it wont be, its private and that was a condition of planning.

OK, but to give you an idea, so was my estate when it was built in 1996, now in process of being taken in charge and the original Developer had to come back and put in the standard DCC road signage etc

Just trying to avoid buying 2 signs for you :)

I cant comment on where to buy the signage. A nice plaque, back lit can look well depending on what the entrance looks like.

OK, but to give you an idea, so was my estate when it was built in 1996, now in process of being taken in charge and the original Developer had to come back and put in the standard DCC road signage etc

Just trying to avoid buying 2 signs for you :)

I cant comment on where to buy the signage. A nice plaque, back lit can look well depending on what the entrance looks like.

thanks i think i have found something suitable, if we get 20 years out if it i wont mind!

do you mind me asking how your estate came to be taken in charge?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Do you need planning for the signage or is it a condition of current planning permission?

• Advertisement

BryanF wrote: »
    Do you need planning for the signage or is it a condition of current planning permission?

eeeer do you need planning to put a sign up inside the grounds of an estate?

thanks i think i have found something suitable, if we get 20 years out if it i wont mind!

do you mind me asking how your estate came to be taken in charge?

It was part of the original Planning. The developer lodged a bond and came back looking for it so that kicked off the process.

There's no Planning Exemption for signage AFAIK, not in a public space anyhow. A Single dwelling exemption is pretty much what an estate agent puts up I believe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yes

BryanF wrote: »
    Yes

Regardless of whether it’s private or not ?

That’s bizarre

Regardless of whether it’s private or not ?

That’s bizarre

Private estate means nothing. Planning law, and every other law still applies.

• Advertisement

Private estate means nothing. Planning law, and every other law still applies.

Would planning be difficult to get ?

Would planning be difficult to get ?

No, I’d imagine it would be straight forward. Depending on location, some LA’s preference would be for a traditional or subtle plaque. It would be a good idea to get a few designs you and your fellow residents like and then approach the council to see if you can agree something prior to lodging.

Or once you have the design picked, lodge a section 5 to see if planning would be required.

Cheers appreciate the advice as always

Cheers appreciate the advice as always

Come back when you have progressed.
    The section 5 for something like this would be straight forward so may be able to help (BMW-Driver.net Courtesy :) )

Advertisement