Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Well, looking for a dry day tomorrow myself to do some block work and laying concrete and it looks dry but cloudy perhaps in Kerry and again looks like cloudy on Sunday leading to bits of rain, mist and drizzle as the day progresses, hopefully it won't spoil your day . On a plus temperatures fairly decent up around 17 -18C and we might squeeze 19C out of it.

iK2pgHr.png

8KdpyDQ.png

7aqgqjg.png

Are those temps for the peninsula accurate? I visit Castlegregory often and never really noticed much difference in temp between there and Tralee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Are those temps for the peninsula accurate? I visit Castlegregory often and never really noticed much difference in temp between there and Tralee.

The chart is a bit crude but it would be a bit cooler with onshore sea breeze this time of year I would reckon. Indeed Castlegregory can become quite sheltered in some winds and can often be clear and sunny when it could be cloudy and damp over in Tralee. Sea temperature is just about 10 - 11C atm so an effect on coastal temperatures.

The charts above are also taking account the cloud cover expected along the coast tomorrow and precipitation on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 M50Jct15

Hit 21.8C here in the greater Sandyford area - in very hazy and occasionally cloudy conditions. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

M50Jct15 wrote: »
    Hit 21.8C here in the greater Sandyford area - in very hazy and occasionally cloudy conditions. :)

22 c here between 2.00-3.00 pm. SW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Here are some photos from my flight yesterday morning. Again haze was a big feature, but climbing above 3000 ft improved visibility somewhat as the milky murk was left below.

The temperature at 7000 ft was still +8 °C and the wind just 15 kts, so a strong inversion and not much wind to mix out the haze.

These were from 5000 ft, looking east.
    478190.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=478191&d=1555738729

Looking west

478192.jpg

Lough Owel

attachment.php?attachmentid=478193&d=1555738729

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic morning here at Dunshaughlin, wouldn't be out of place in July or August. Already 18C, I can see Phoenix Park getting to at least 22 or 23C today if the sun stays.

Gonzo wrote: »
    fantastic morning here at Dunshaughlin, wouldn't be out of place in July or August. Already 18C, I can see Phoenix Park getting to at least 22 or 23C today if the sun stays.

That would be remarkable as its April record is only 22.2c on 20th April 1943 and 16th April 2003 - it has a higher March temp record of 23.4c on 29th March 1965.

For curiosity sakes, Dunsany's April temp record is 22.1c on 25th April 1975 with the old manual station whilst 20.9c on 22nd April 2011 (Good Friday) with the automatic station that began its records in 2006.

I posted this table over a month ago with an updated version (and completely redesigned manually) of an old Met records table (which only went up to 2010) and now I've just updated it again here with the Malin Head record for April 2019.
    sryanbruen wrote: »
    New redesigned (though in the same general style) table of selected Irish stations' absolute max temp records with the February 2019 ones added.

NQ5Tyf6.png

Data from Met Éireann.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dunsany 19C and Phoenix Park 20C according to Met Eireann 11am.

Going to prep the bbq, hope everyone gets to enjoy the warm sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

17 degrees at my area of cork city already. Hazy blue skies again but warm

Leinster currently warmer than Spain, some very low temperatures over central and south-eastern Spain. The warmest of the current spell is over eastern France and Benelux countries with 23C already. Parts of the UK also at 22C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,234 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

20°c at Dublin airport and 12°c at Shannon at 11:30. Roles reversed it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

17 degrees at my area of cork city already. Hazy blue skies again but warm

Smashing day in Cork, so nice to get a bit of warmth this early in the year. Gardening for the day ahead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Completely overcast in Galway 17 degrees but actually feels cooler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Organised a birthday party..... indoors due to the Irish weather.:)
    Not a breath of wind here in Wexford and already 20c under clear blue skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overcast in Castlebar so far this morning, only 13.1C currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭pauldry

Not too bad a day in Sligo.

No wind like yesterday n its 15c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

large.jpg

That's me right now. Just got 21c in North Kildare but feels a lot warmer sure to the lack of wind. Parents coming down later from the east coast. They'll be pleasantly surprised with the warmth here.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Fine day in Dublin 9 love it

• Advertisement

Possibility of some thunderstorms overnight Tuesday and in to Wednesday particularly in the east and south which would be a great way to wrap this up. Might get some imports from Wales here.

84-505UK.GIF?20-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

Possibility of some thunderstorms overnight Tuesday and in to Wednesday particularly in the east and south which would be a great way to wrap this up. Might get some imports from Wales here.

84-505UK.GIF?20-6
    Oh I love when you talk dirty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

At last Sun out again in Galway very pleasant

Yesterday afternoon was very nice in St. Anne's Park, otherwise just been hazy, misty or cloudy. Disappointing to be honest. Last April's warm spell was similar.

Nature heard my cries because what a great day today is in Dublin. Warm and sunny with the sun being less hazy than recent days. More days like this please in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My weather station hit 23.0C :) Summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Brightening up nicely in Castlebar, up to 17C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Oak Park listed at 23C for 4pm.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Oak Park listed at 23C for 4pm.

22.7c.
    With a max of 22.7c at Oak Park, Co. Carlow, 20th April 2019 is now its second warmest April day on record.

Top 5 warmest:

1. 23.7c (25 Apr 1975)
    2. 22.2c (26 Apr 1975)
    3. 21.8c (24 Apr 1975)
    4. 21.7c (26 Apr 1987)
    5. 21.6c (21 Apr 2011)

Data from Met Éireann.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Sea fog here near the coast in Kerry which lifts over the land to create a low hazy blanket keeping the temperature down, just got a high of 16C and currently 12.8C. Very light WNW breeze. I see Kerry airport got up to 18.0C.

Grand day all the same.

Q6HTLh0.jpg

temp_uk_cyg9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,255 ✭✭✭✭km79

Again a disappointing morning but unbelievable evening in east Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭pauldry

Over 18c in Sligo now n sun beaming. Not bad at all considering weather forecast said much cooler in Northwest.

Only 10c in Malin Head n 12c in Belmullet so Western n Northern fringes more affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Disappointing evening in North Kerry. Cold and overcast. Can see my breath.

Was a gorgeous morning in Dublin when I left this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

Maxed out at 24.4c in N Kildare

got to 22C here earlier, was a beautiful day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

pad199207 wrote: »
    Maxed out at 24.4c in N Kildare

Typical that we'd drive away from it :(

Well hope the garden had a good time at least

Oak Park was the top synop today on 22.9 max. I played Mount Juliet and it was majestic (although the greens are awful...)

Malin Head only hit 11.1, in stark comparison to yesterday.

It will be a different sort of day for many tomorrow with predominently cloudy skies. Hopeful of some sunshine at times further east and southeast though which will help temperatures there.

hirlamuk-41-27-0.png?20-18

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/visual

After this small hiccup Monday looking beautiful again with copious amounts of sunshine and light southeast breezes

hirlamuk-4-48-0.png?20-18

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DanielL18

Few photos taken in west cork.. Some weather. :)

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

DanielL18 wrote: »
    Few photos taken in west cork.. Some weather. :)

Am down here now, next to the ocean. The sunset with the haze was beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Croagh Patrick in Mayo today, sitting pretty above the clouds. Inversion was at just over 2,000ft at lunchtime when I arrived, it rose closer to summit level later in the afternoon. Crystal clear above the inversion, distant mountain tops looked very close (Nephin is in shot here)

All in all a nice day out :)

highdef wrote: »
    Oh I love when you talk dirty!

2z2pgm.jpg

:P

The ECM is showing a lot of Sahara dust arriving over Ireland early Tuesday and into Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The ECM is showing a lot of Sahara dust arriving over Ireland early Tuesday and into Wednesday.

A would that have any affect on the planes you fly reduced vizability ect

That would be remarkable as its April record is only 22.2c on 20th April 1943 and 16th April 2003 - it has a higher March temp record of 23.4c on 29th March 1965.

For curiosity sakes, Dunsany's April temp record is 22.1c on 25th April 1975 with the old manual station whilst 20.9c on 22nd April 2011 (Good Friday) with the automatic station that began its records in 2006.

No record at Phoenix Park but Dunsany had a max of 22.3c making it the warmest April day on record at the station for both the automatic station and all-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

Actually seems Sunnier today when I was expecting more clouds.
    But more of a breeze though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Beautiful morning in d9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,234 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ZX7R wrote: »
    A would that have any affect on the planes you fly reduced vizability ect

It wouldn't reduce visibility that drastically no.

amazing day here in Meath, much stronger sunshine than yesterday. Currently 20C. 21C reported at Phoenix Park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement