Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemates and bills

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Not really, bills are in the LL's name in my place too. The bills arrive in his name to our address and we open them and pay them in the post office or over the phone he has no involvement at all so would cause a lot of hassle were we not to pay one.

If I moved into a house share arranged by my Landlord and the bills were in his name and one of HIS tenants refused to pay their share of the bills, I wouldn't be getting involved.

I'd ensure my share is paid to the landlord or into the account and he can chase his tenant for anything that is left short.

It would be nice to compromise with her maybe and only charge her the standing charges for consumables like heat and electricity if she isn't there whatsoever until the Autum but honestly, I'd be leaving it all to the Landlord to sort out.

Advertisement