Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate your boots

• 28-08-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I’m thinking about changing my snowboarding boots this year so if you have your own boots and you would recommend them please rate them and tell me there pro’s and con’s if ya don’t mind.

Cheers Guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

Vans fargos/bfbs

Pros- last forever, I got 5 years of holidays, about 100 kiltiernan sessions and 103 days on the hill in whistler out of my fargoes before they died! Now I'm on the bfb

And I'm hard on boots

PS don't get the BOA lace system, they don't last as long as the boots

Cons - can be hard to get your hands on, try 53 deg north

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Burton Moto's

I've done 3 weeks with them and I find them very comfy - no complaints so far with them!
    They have the Speed Zone lacing system - very good for the mornings with a hangover trying to get ready and when you are on the slopes when you need to tighten or loosen them. Upper and Lower Zone, pull on a string, to comfortable tightness and pull it back into a lock postion - DONE. Lower zone is over the top of your foot and the upper zone is from your ankle up!- I think the system is gift!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

i have the forum kicker gtr i think there called......

perfect for waht i use them forhave a 100 days out of them and wearing them in work in pubs and just being to lazy to go home and change....
    some of you know the score.... I love them there like a big pair of nike air max with snake skin only thing i can say is the arch can fill up with compact snow very easyilly, and if you have to hike something can be anoying to get the snow out it out ...

other then i love them...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Salomon Maori.

A few days here and there over the last few years and flat out since the start of this season in New Zealand. Wearing them every day now as I'm working as a liftie, and on my days off I'm riding.

Holding up fairly well, with some cracking near the front on top, probably from the Flows on my old board. Not getting any worse now as the Burton Custom Detox are a perfect fit. Laces are of a speed lace nature but only one internal and one external, not zoned like the Burtons above.

No complaints apart from the non-zoned laces mean the bottom is hard to get tight. Other than that I find them grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

Don1 wrote: »
    Salomon Maori.

A few days here and there over the last few years and flat out since the start of this season in New Zealand. Wearing them every day now as I'm working as a liftie, and on my days off I'm riding.

Holding up fairly well, with some cracking near the front on top, probably from the Flows on my old board. Not getting any worse now as the Burton Custom Detox are a perfect fit. Laces are of a speed lace nature but only one internal and one external, not zoned like the Burtons above.

No complaints apart from the non-zoned laces mean the bottom is hard to get tight. Other than that I find them grand.

do you know a liftie called will from england ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rhymenocerous

Honestly, one man's comfy boots are another man's foot-pain nightmare.

Everyones feet are different, so just try on as many boots as you can and go for the ones that are most comfortable and fit your riding style (e.g. Stiff for Freeriding, Soft for Freestyle).

When fitting your boots, your toes should come to the end of them when you stand up straight. When you 'assume the position' (i.e. bend your knees), you should feel your toes come back a little from the end. Also, remember that boots will only get looser, so if they're not fitting snugly at the start, they're only gonna get worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

Shaun Whites bought in Canada, not sure if available here but theyre awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Forum Recon boots, very comfy, nice all round boots. They're starting to show a little wear but are about 5 years old at this point, and at one point were used almost daily for 3 months. Have had to wear them walking a lot as well and never found this a problem. Allow plenty of feedback from the board and keep my feet solid.

This is the newer model, cant vouch for it totally, but by all accounts are much the same. (mine are the black ones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

SnowMonkey wrote: »
    do you know a liftie called will from england ?
    Nope. Dunno him. A lot of staff have left though.

Advertisement