Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilternan

• 11-06-2008 7:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

Anyone ever use the dry slopes? is it worth doing? (im a snowboarder)

Comments

Ive used it before, but Im more of a skiier than a snowboarder (for now) so not sure how good it is when you get good at snowboarding.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's certainly worth doing some begginer lessons there if you've never been on snow before so that you have some idea of what your doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

i just finished a season in whistler so have spent plenty of time on snow, i know its wont be nearly as good just wonderin if its worth e370 for a season pass

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I spent a fair bit of time there over the last year and had the season pass, but I have been doing a ski instructor training course there so was trying to get in extra practice and doing a few extra lessons there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ski Club Irl

Sidney77 wrote: »
    i just finished a season in whistler so have spent plenty of time on snow, i know its wont be nearly as good just wonderin if its worth e370 for a season pass

If you haven't boarded in Kilternan before I would recommend that you come up and take a few practice sessions before deciding on whether you wish to join as a Season Ticket Holder or not. We reopen in September and a practice session costs €30 for three hours. If you wish to take out a Season Ticket after doing some practice sessions the cost of the practice sessions will be deducted from the Season Ticket rate.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Cinamon Girl

Does anyway know the Kilternan Hotel website. Can't seem to find it on Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ski Club Irl

Does anyway know the Kilternan Hotel website. Can't seem to find it on Google.

The hotel is still under construction and doesn't have a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

Yeah kilternan is good fun when you got nothing else to do.. usually head up for the snowboard jams or college events..
    But its good.. Was up there few weeks ago for a UCD event.. was smashing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

does that E30 include the rental of equip?

Yes, the €30 does include the boot's/ ski's/ board. I just take my own boot's down though and use their ski's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭tech

Skied there last year for 4 lessons, found it a hugh advantage before I hit the real snow! :)

Advertisement