Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Åre - Northern Sweden

Options
  • 23-03-2007 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Heading off to Åre in a few weeks with a few lads for a week of boarding. Anyone ever been there or heard anything about it? How are the slopes? What is the Apres Piste like?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

L31mr0d wrote:
    What is the Apres Piste like?
    Expensive more than likely.

I think a lot of the Scandinavian resorts will be slightly lacking in big mountains though as you would find in the alps for downhill which is why their skiers are mostly doing the cross county/ biathlon type events in the Olympics. See if you can figure out how to do cross country boarding though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I think we must be going right at the end of season (mid april) or something because it wasn't that expensive. €500 got me flights, accommodation, board rental and ski pass for 10 days.

The website for the site is here:
    http://www.skistar.com/are/english/

Advertisement