Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Its hard to see any good news coming our way in the future. Looks as if this Italian fella is going to get his hands on us unless the football league and Harvey can make an intervention. Really feel for Brian and the players. If he gets the sack, I think it might be the end for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

C'mon lads this could be the start of something great. An eccentric Italian owner bringing in an inexperienced ex-player for his first big job. That's the kind of story and interest we need in Leeds. You never know Uncle Festa could be bringing along the old legends like Hamilton Ricard, Craig Hignett and Mikel Beck. If things get tough then he can turn to Sky 'expert' Paul Merson or someone with managerial experience, the Silver Fox Fabircio Ravanelli.

We could follow the lead of Hull and Cardiff with their odd owners and change our colours to all black and call ourselves Leeds Panthers instead of United. It's time we move on from the past and embrace the future of football and groups of businessmen with experience in the game will just keep us ticking by. We need excitement and change and if Signor Cellino and Festa arrive looking like the pic below then I'm all for it!

18046075-a-vintage-racing-car-osca-mt4-2ad-1953-in-classic-cars-rally-mille-miglia-2012-re-enactment-of-the-o.jpg

Marciare su insieme.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Might as well order that Revolving Door for ER reception now. Mr 'im not shady' Cellino has had 38 managers in his time as owner of Cagliari. Averaging two a season. Great just what we need!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

fantastic statement released by GangFcukingHypocritical-Chancers

bunch of words that say nothing other than please ignore the media speculation....including a statement made by their own man in charge of the club!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Please ignore all media statements on the takeover ... except for ours of course, please take note of ours and be patient like a good little pixie head!

• Advertisement

Might as well order that Revolving Door for ER reception now. Mr 'im not shady' Cellino has had 38 managers in his time as owner of Cagliari. Averaging two a season. Great just what we need!!

you'd never know, he might re-hire McDermott in 18 months....just in time for Brian to finish his 3 year plan! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

In the space of two months its gone from "Leeds united set for financial boost from new investment" to "Leeds takeover collapses"

8 weeks is all it took for all of it to go to s*** again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Sky reporting Max Gradel signing for West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Obviously the reports are worrying if true about the Italian influence creeping in to areas where they shouldn't be at the minute.

Seemingly Mike Farnan is still in the race and more so than ever now. The Farnan consortium of what we know is made up of Himself, Adam Pearson, Gary Verity and is endorsed by Radebe.

There's a lot of experience in there and I think we'd be in safe hands here. From what I've read from Farnan, he seems to have a genuine belief in our potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

oldyouth wrote: »
    Sky reporting Max Gradel signing for West Ham

Sky now reporting that the deal has collapsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭championc

Max is Leeds, and he knows it !!!

championc wrote: »
    Max is Leeds, and he knows it !!!

Yeah, but I hope we don't take money for McCormack just to get him

Cardiff have bid £4m for McCormack.Bid rejected for now. Thats the last club I want to see getting him:mad:.

Cardiff have bid £4m for McCormack.Bid rejected for now. Thats the last club I want to see getting him:mad:.

Thats where we got him from but I cant see him going back especially after having a pop at Mr Tan Man. If the Cellino deal is as close to completion as rumoured, and he put the block on Varney leaving, I cant see McCormack being allowed to leave either.

I decided to throw an email the football league's way to try do my bit.

To whom this may concern,

In light of recent media speculation in relation to a proposed acquisition of a majority stake in Leeds United Football Club by Massimo Cellino and/or members of the Cellino family, I would like to bring to the attention of the Football League the criteria of the Owners and Directors Test, which states that any potential owner or director would be disqualified if ;

They have unspent convictions for offences of dishonesty, corruption, perverting the course of justice, serious breaches of the Companies Act or conspiracy to commit any of those offences.
    This applies regardless of the country in which the crime occurred, or the date of the offence (worldwide).
    They have unspent conviction for any offence that resulted in a sentence of imprisonment of 12 months or more.

I would like to highlight, that to my own knowledge, Mr Cellino has previously held suspended sentences of 14 and 15 months for fraudulent activities.

In light of this, I would like to remind the Football League of its responsibility towards its member clubs and the Football League as a whole, that if relevant documents be received from Mr Cellino, that serious consideration is given in relation to the above points made.

I would like to receive a reply to my above concerns if possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Messi19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭event

Cellino deal all but done. So tomorrow will be BMcDs last game. Brilliant. We are a fúcking shambles, im genuinely sick of it

yeah, I'm sh1t sick of it too.

GFH won't even entertain the Farnan bid.
    I could understand them blocking this bid while Haigh had a bid in place as he was GFH's guy so they wanted to keep the business in house....surely must have financially better for GFH.
    that's all they are interested in, certainly not the good of the club.
    As they have proved by again not even listening to Farnan's bid.
    So I would assume that Haigh has jumped into bed with Italian mob, safe guarding any kickbacks the arseholes at GFH will be due from the sale.

we must be the biggest joke of a club in England over the last 10 years.

Now we're going to end up sacking McDermott who the fans genuinely like even if his results and performances at the club have been patchy to say the least.

Cellino has stated when asked if Festa would be taking over from McDermott that he "didn't need a manager but a coach"
    what are we going to end up with.....Cellino Jr. as director of football and Gianluca Festa as head coach?
    Brilliant, some pedigree there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Doing the rounds on twitter that McDermott has been sacked - only an hour after McCormack made a statement that he was "happy at Leeds and looking forward to staying at the club & playing under Brian McDermott." - **** me I'm sick to death of the way the fans of this club have been treated in the past ten years - just when you think things are improving it takes a nose dive into even more ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Confirmed on BBC Radio 5 now.

They can stick it up their hole

Ross just tweeted "Most pointless statement I've ever given !"

• Advertisement

Absolute disgrace. I'm sick, gutted and totally fed up

Just broken on SS News. What a shower of f**ks:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talking about Massimo Cellino on BBC just now, he sounds like a criminal and nothing more!

I'd put money on McCormack being sold before the transfer window shuts.

McDermott falls in to the group of managers that has suffered as a result of being a decent person. We haven't deserved the likes of him for the last 10 years

All the best for the future Brian

I'd put money on McCormack being sold before the transfer window shuts.

Put your house on it, its a cert
    I hope there are serious protests tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Scary times, feel absolutely disgusted with this even after all the sh1t we've had over the years this somehow feels like a new low. I won't do it of course but this is the closest I've felt to a separation from LUFC.

Fcking seething. Christ how BMcD must feel.

Ross on SSN just there. Sounded absolutely gutted and on the verge of tears. Also sounded like he's just had a change of heart and I dont blame him one bit

all the ingredients for a relegation cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What did McCormack just say on sky, I missed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement