Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015-16 Champions Cup thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Scarlets
    Some lovely offloading there from Stade for their second try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ospreys
    vienne86 wrote: »
    Some lovely offloading there from Stade for their second try.

Really class. A good few borderline forward.

Scarlets
    Nice try there thanks to quick thinking by Ben Youngs for the BP for Leicester.

Ospreys
    Penalty should be reversed for Tom Young charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Nice try there from Stade. Has to be given.

• Advertisement

Scarlets
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Nice try there from Stade. Has to be given.

Lovely try. Stade could have done with the conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Lovely try. Stade could have done with the conversion.

Either way they need another score to get anything from the game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Racing v Glasgow game tomorrow will surely be off.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the games in France are called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Will the Racing v Glasgow match go ahead tomorrow anyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »
    Racing v Glasgow game tomorrow will surely be off.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the games in France are called off.

Whereabouts in France is Oyannax?

Hollande has declared a state of emergency and France has closed its borders. There is no way the games will go on.

• Advertisement

Ospreys
    bilston wrote: »

Hollande has declared a state of emergency and France has closed its borders. There is no way the games will go on.

Vaguely near Lyon somewhere up in the alps.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Miles from Paris, it's close to Geneva in Switzerland.

Scarlets
    Racing game will surely be off. I would have thought Oyonnax would not be affected, but a lot of things could be shut down in France tomorrow.

Awful stuff.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Vaguely near Lyon somewhere up in the alps.

So nowhere near Paris. The Racing game will absolutely be postponed.

Racing game will surely be off. I would have thought Oyonnax would not be affected, but a lot of things could be shut down in France tomorrow.

Awful stuff.

I think if they are shutting their borders and imposing a state of emergency then pretty much any public gathering will be cancelled. But we'll see, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter if the game goes ahead.

Scarlets
    I think if they are shutting their borders and imposing a state of emergency then pretty much any public gathering will be cancelled. But we'll see, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter if the game goes ahead.

You are right. A game of rugby is a minor matter in this awful situation. I think no gathering will go ahead in or near Paris tomorrow......the rest of the country? Well, who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Munster really should have a field day in this pool. No way they should be at risk at home.

Should, but won't. Irish rugby is on a downward spiral

Scarlets
    Rightwing wrote: »
    Should, but won't. Irish rugby is on a downward spiral

On the basis of what I saw on TV in Welford Road this evening, I think Munster will do very nicely in their pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

On the basis of what I saw on TV in Welford Road this evening, I think Munster will do very nicely in their pool.

Hopefully you are right, but I wouldn't be too confident on any Irish team beating them, not that they are great themselves.

Aye I only watched the first half tonight but I saw nothing from either team that should worry Munster, or any Irish province for that matter. Obviously Leicester seemed to turn it on in the second half a bit but on paper anyway they don't look strong at all. Good front row, snappy 9, big wingers but it's far from a vintage Leicester team.

• Advertisement

Wasps
    Awful news coming out of France, best wishes to our French visitors on the forum and hoping things will get better, be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

It's not looking like anything (not just rugby) anywhere will go ahead tomorrow.

Wouldn't be surprised if no French team plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Latest from Racing 92

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Tomtom364 wrote: »

obviously it doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things but if there is multiple postponements then given the way the fixture list is up until the 6n its going to be difficult to reschedule games

Scarlets
    Tomtom364 wrote: »

Inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the other French games go ahead.

Oyonnax have confirmed their game is going ahead but with increased security

Ospreys
    Oyonnax have confirmed their game is going ahead but with increased security

I might be way out off here, but really if there is any travelling team and set of fans are able to empathise, to be sensitive, but also to understand the importance of moving on, it's ulster.

If anyone reading is going, Oyonnax are asking fans to arrive early and not to bring bags

• Advertisement

Bordeaux-Clermont has also been cancelled

Advertisement