Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making the move to Rush or Dunboyne

Options
  • 28-07-2020 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,
    We are at the stage of our lives we’re we are looking at settling into our ‘for ever’ home. Two kids (9/10) and are considering one of two options: one is moving a little further out from where we currently are in littlepace / Clonee to Dunboyne (Millfarm) or changing it all up at moving to Rush.
    Our friends are in D15 but tbh we rarely socialize these days. We both have romantic ideas of living by the sea and both kids LOVE the beaches, we went to Rush last week for a look around and both seriously liked it.
    Our main reason for moving is a better schooling for our kids and a more relaxed life for ourselves, both Dunboyne and Rush seem to give us that but Rush seems more laid back and has the sea.
    Please feel free to give feedback/advice etc on either area.
    I work in Louth so much commute will be pretty much the same and my wife will be liking for part time work.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭GIMP

Hi all,
    We are at the stage of our lives we’re we are looking at settling into our ‘for ever’ home. Two kids (9/10) and are considering one of two options: one is moving a little further out from where we currently are in littlepace / Clonee to Dunboyne (Millfarm) or changing it all up at moving to Rush.
    Our friends are in D15 but tbh we rarely socialize these days. We both have romantic ideas of living by the sea and both kids LOVE the beaches, we went to Rush last week for a look around and both seriously liked it.
    Our main reason for moving is a better schooling for our kids and a more relaxed life for ourselves, both Dunboyne and Rush seem to give us that but Rush seems more laid back and has the sea.
    Please feel free to give feedback/advice etc on either area.
    I work in Louth so much commute will be pretty much the same and my wife will be liking for part time work.
    Thanks in advance

Rush/Lusk/Skerries area is a lovely place to live.
    Also easier to access Louth via M1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We have kids and are by the sea here in that area...it's a great life.I don't really know what else you want to know....maybe PM if you have specific questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Can't beat being beside or close to water.

Good for the soul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

considered swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

There's not a lot in Rush and Lusk, but if that doesn't bother you, then the scenary out there is fab and the proximity to the beaches unrivalled. If you need somewhere with more going on then perhaps consider Skerries or Swords, Swords is obv better served by transport links, both car and public, so might be preferable if working in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

Moved here towards the end of the Celtic Tiger as couldn't afford most of the city suburbs at the time. Have always been grateful it worked out that way, never more so than these last few months ðŸ˜!

Wouldn't be great in terms of shops/bars/restaurants IMO. However it has and is improving and Skerries is only up the road with more options.

The obvious positive which overrides everything else for me anyway is having two great beaches on your doorstep and getting to enjoy the beautiful coastal scenery every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I have lived in Dunboyne and am very familiar with Rush.

Both nice areas, but the sea swings it. However, Rush does have its dodgy areas (like most places) but something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 only_a_newbie

Both nice areas, but the sea swings it. However, Rush does have its dodgy areas (like most places) but something to consider.
    How did you find dunboyne as an area to settle in? We really like it and it’s prob where we will end up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

How did you find dunboyne as an area to settle in? We really like it and it’s prob where we will end up

I lived in a more mature area (Beechdale) so I am not sure how it is for kids to make friends etc. Overall, enjoyed it - close to blanch centre for cinema and shops, but far enough away to feel like the country. Some nice pubs and restaurants too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Lived in Rush all my life and would say it is one of the safest areas anyone could live. There are not really any dodgy areas areas. There are a few dodgy kids like every town in Ireland.

To the OP.
    The great thing Rush has going for it are the beachs and the cliff walks. We have not had the big development other areas have had so should be a little easier to settle. There are very good sports clubs with good facilities, GAA, Soccer, cricket, Golf sailing. Shopping we have Tesco and Supervalu. 5 schools in parish and from next week another restaurant. We have a beautiful library
    A lot of people work in city, swords or from home. Takes about 25/30 minutes to get to city and Swords about 10/15 minutes to Pavillion shopping center. Houses are reasonably priced and the building projects going on are decent.

I think it is a great place to raise a family

• Advertisement
Advertisement