Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old hen and chickens - place in Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-07-2020 5:19pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hello
    I have a death cert. from 1883 that gives 'Old Hen and Chickens' as the address of the deceased and their husband. Any ideas where that might have been or what it is called now? It was in the Piltown section of the Carrick on Suir Registrar's District.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

Interesting name! I wonder would the kilkennyarchaeologicalsociety.ie be able to assist? Or the library service? https://www.kilkennylibrary.ie/eng/our_services/local_studies/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks, I will try them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looks like the library have no record of it. I suppose it might be a premises of some sort, perhaps a pub, but it was clearly well-known enough not to specify on the record where exactly it was.
    A mystery.

Advertisement