Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding in Ballybofey

Options
  • 27-06-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭

Could anyone give me any information about the Beechwood Avenue area of Ballybofey?I understand there was flooding in that area a few years ago and wondered if it was an isolated incident?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is the flooding issue you mention. I dont recall an awful lot about it other than there were a good few areas flooded around the county that night so it was an exceptional weather event.

Beechwood Ave runs parallel with the river and due to its proximity it would on face value be a candidate for flooding. However the road and houses on the opposite side of the road are at a higher level and wouldn't really be at risk. Just to note that the flood referred to was mostly in the hotel car park which is at a lower level. I believe there has been flood protections put in place since that.

If you were thinking of moving there Im sure the locals wouldnt mind answering some questions about this if you give a knock on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

muffler wrote: »
    This is the flooding issue you mention. I dont recall an awful lot about it other than there were a good few areas flooded around the county that night so it was an exceptional weather event.

Beechwood Ave runs parallel with the river and due to its proximity it would on face value be a candidate for flooding. However the road and houses on the opposite side of the road are at a higher level and wouldn't really be at risk. Just to note that the flood referred to was mostly in the hotel car park which is at a lower level. I believe there has been flood protections put in place since that.

If you were thinking of moving there Im sure the locals wouldnt mind answering some questions about this if you give a knock on the door.
    Thanks for the information,I was unable to view Beechwood Ave on Google street maps but it's possible to view some of the properties there from the R252 which does show its proximity to the river.

Advertisement