Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that a Cork pub too?

Ya, across from courthouse, next to Reardons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Is that a Cork pub too?

Yeah city centre based , only launched 2019. More of a restaurant with a bar vibe I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ya, across from courthouse, next to Reardons.

I for some reason assumed the Dwyers in question was Dwyers Electrical on Forge Hill and not the pub. Not sure which it is now.

Ludo wrote: »
    I for some reason assumed the Dwyers in question was Dwyers Electrical on Forge Hill and not the pub. Not sure which it is now.

It was mentioned in relation to The Harp, so I’ve assumed pub. Haven’t heard anything about it other than here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

296 cases today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Was down in fountainstown earlier today the car park was full and it was jammers. Queue was out the door for that little shop on the corner and there was also a mobile coffee stall there too. The guards arrived went into the shop and presumably spoke to whoever was running the shop. They took a look at the number of people on the beach then jumped back in their squad car and drove off.

Was down in fountainstown earlier today the car park was full and it was jammers. Queue was out the door for that little shop on the corner and there was also a mobile coffee stall there too. The guards arrived went into the shop and presumably spoke to whoever was running the shop. They took a look at the number of people on the beach then jumped back in their squad car and drove off.
    The shop is an issue, the beach isn’t, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

aisling86 wrote: »
    Friend of mine was in docklands on 20th for a family meal and 3 of them tested positive since she also mentioned the owners also tested positive. Id love to know how many other customers were also affected.

I was in there around then :eek: I wondered why they closed early for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

296 cases today

1,754 new cases
    11 additional deaths

We could have 500 cases for Cork with backlog

:(

• Advertisement

296 cases today

Oh! That’s our highest one day total.
    And the 1,754 nationwide is underreported, so god knows what the truth is. A lot of those 296 could be a few days old but we can still expect 300+ over the coming days whenever they get around to confirming the backlog of cases.

1,754 new cases
    11 additional deaths

NPHET saying 9,000 cases yet to be reported. 5,000+ positive swabs a day now, you’re right we could see 500 here easily.

You have to assume everyone has the virus now. Stay at home, best thing to do. Nothing to worry about then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

1,754 new cases
    11 additional deaths

If we have 17% of 9k, like we have 17% of todays cases, more like 1500 more

If we have 17% of 9k, like we have 17% of todays cases, more like 1500 more
    There's also a possibility that all Cork's cases are reported.

Twitter suggests it's regional public health departments who have to report cases. As such, Munster may be 100% accurate, Leinster not, etc.
    Dublin had 523 cases today, Cork had 296. Which of those numbers do you believe is accurate?
    I believe Cork's tbh.

I reckon Dublin has 750-1000 cases a day at the moment.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    NPHET saying 9,000 cases yet to be reported. 5,000+ positive swabs a day now, you’re right we could see 500 here easily.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1345079127909539841

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Genuinely surprised construction is left going and I work in the industry . There are hundreds of lads on some of the bigger sites

Genuinely surprised construction is left going and I work in the industry . There are hundreds of lads on some of the bigger sites
    Housing crisis. Not gonna happen.

Housing crisis. Not gonna happen.
    Housing is a % of the industry , the biggest sites in the country are not housing developments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Lads how has wuhan gotten Back to normal so quickly? Pictures of NYE with thousands on the streets and the likes? Did they get a vaccine or did it just run rampant throughout the place or what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Lads how has wuhan gotten Back to normal so quickly? Pictures of NYE with thousands on the streets and the likes? Did they get a vaccine or did it just run rampant throughout the place or what happened?

I do not believe for one second that Wuhan is back to any sense of normality, despite the images that are released to the worldwide media.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I do not believe for one second that Wuhan is back to any sense of normality, despite the images that are released to the worldwide media.

The Chinese can't lose face surely you understand that by now . Maybe all those revelers have already had it and are recovered

They have their own vaccine and may not be so stringent on the trials and testing before roll out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Housing is a % of the industry , the biggest sites in the country are not housing developments.

I'd expect that some sites will be shut down in the weeks to come with others deemed as essential. Horse racing also seems to be enjoying immunity from restrictions while there is talk of other sports having their seasons delayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

About as credible as Trump.

3,394 cases nationwide today.

389 are in Cork.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1345431115151114241

Christ that is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

389 are in Cork.

Shocking figures. Really need to act as if everybody has it at this point, rampant.

Donegal too is shocking given their population

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

10k of a backlog too

• Advertisement

Population wise per capita we aren’t even near the worst but still terrible

Population wise per capita we aren’t even near the worst but still terrible

Working off swab data we're roughly similar to UK aren't we per capita, unless you're on about Cork, which fair enough we're not as bad as some other counties, but hard to work off county data atm

titan18 wrote: »
    Working off swab data we're roughly similar to UK aren't we per capita?

I’m talking about Cork.
    In nationwide terms, today’s cases in UK is same as about 5k here.

I’m talking about Cork.
    In nationwide terms, today’s cases in UK is same as about 5k here.

Hard to trust the county data atm tbf cos of the issues. Like it could be that most of the backlog was from Cork today and not as much from Dublin for example.

titan18 wrote: »
    Hard to trust the county data atm tbf cos of the issues. Like it could be that most of the backlog was from Cork today and not as much from Dublin for example.

Today’s figures in Donegal and Louth equate to about 1200 daily cases in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Incredibly strict lockdown for extended periods and a very successful testing & tracing regime.

Taiwan and Vietnam are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Any idea if today includes any backlog cases, and if so how many?

No idea, we had more positive swabs today than that but there was already a 9k backlog so all the cases today could be that or it could be swab data or a mix of both, who knows

Likely 0

• Advertisement

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Incredibly strict lockdown for extended periods and a very successful testing & tracing regime.

Taiwan and Vietnam are the same.

No vaccine?

No vaccine?

Only started in the last few days.

When I said strict lockdown I mean strict lockdown, like the cops coming to your door to make sure you were at home and enforcing isolation if you were a close contact.

Only started in the last few days.

When I said strict lockdown I mean strict lockdown, like the cops coming to your door to make sure you were at home and enforcing isolation if you were a close contact.

So doing things properly then?

their culture and society is more collective anyways, so the population were more amenable to these policies. Plus housing is more apartment block based which made it easier to police.

Europe and the US have been more about mitigation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Place on South Douglas Road has been jointed for tests all week. This place only opened up Christmas week after been closed for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Irish populace would lose their shlts if they experienced anything like an enforced strict lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

their culture and society is more collective anyways, so the population were more amenable to these policies. Plus housing is more apartment block based which made it easier to police.

Europe and the US have been more about mitigation.

In Poland you had police knocking in daily for people in isolation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭cantalach

their culture and society is more collective anyways, so the population were more amenable to these policies.

That’s a very gentle way of phrasing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

My uncle works in CUH & hes currently on nights and he said its v bad, its everywhere & no ICU beds available.

389 are in Cork.

4 deaths
    3,394 cases
    (includes unstated number from the backlog)

The number in hospital has exceeded 600

389 very high :(

We took a walk through Fitzgerald’s Park via the Shakey Bridge. Both the park and bridge were busy, with the cafe in the park doing a roaring trade - good to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement