Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cinema opening date

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Oh that line tossed out every now and then is a good one.
    No boom is not back, but the treat of going to see a "BIG" movie in a screen like this is worth the chunk of change.

But the charge on the other screens & other cinema is regular i think right?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I don't mind paying to go to the big screen every once in a while for a movie that i feel warrants it. You wouldn't be going to see Little Women on the big screen! I saw the 2 IT movies back to back in screen 1 and it was great. Will hopefully see 1917 there this week. I can appreciate if you have a few kids with you the costs can really escalate and I'm not sure kids really care about the bells and whistles that come with Screen 1. It's at your own discretion I suppose if you want to pay for it

I think the new cinema do some good deals. Ticket, medium coke and popcorn for €10.50 on Wednesday's and online tickets cost €6 on Thursdays. If you are with 3 you can get 2 tickets for €10 Monday to Thursday. I know the 3 deal doesn't apply to Screen 1 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

Its very unusal to make major structural changes to the cinema less than a year after opening , look like the original design hadn't been thought through
    https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/522433/imc-cimemas-barrack-street-kilkenny-owners-seek-retention-of-planning.html?fbclid=IwAR3YeNjkgQFH9KGv1zGjv-cKZFPj5uN5Px6Qih3btxE4r085LtuRD4YHXQc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

imacman wrote: »
    Its very unusal to make major structural changes to the cinema less than a year after opening , look like the original design hadn't been thought through
    https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/522433/imc-cimemas-barrack-street-kilkenny-owners-seek-retention-of-planning.html?fbclid=IwAR3YeNjkgQFH9KGv1zGjv-cKZFPj5uN5Px6Qih3btxE4r085LtuRD4YHXQc

I was trying to make sense of that article, i thought it was asking for retention of the changes made during the build.
    Is there a screen downstairs already?

But to make splitting screens up is mad when the place is so new.

There is nothing downstairs at the moment just a big empty space . Also they have so many screens already why would you convert 2 into 3 and create a new one. It will go from 12 to 14 screens and including the old cinema thats 17 screens altogether in the city , which is way more than is needed.

• Advertisement

Well social distancing wont be a problem in the Klkenny cinemas when they reopen, lots of space and screens

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sanjose1

Anyone know theyre reopening again ?

Advertisement